Popular Pots moves into the coach house
- Credit: Archant
A POTTERY business will soon take over the reigns at a popular art studio in Clevedon.
Artist Hayley Jones, who runs The Coach House Studio in Bellevue Road, announced last month she will be leaving the studio and continuing her work from home before moving to Italy next year.
Now it can be revealed the owner of Popular Pots and former art teacher, Angela Jones from Claverham, will be moving into the coach house to expand her business.
Popular Pots gives adults and children the chance to create their own bespoke pottery items which are then glazed and fired by Angela before being returned to their creators.
At its new base, which will be renamed Popular Pots at The Coach House, customers will be able to call in and paint their own pottery, book private parties and also take part in courses and workshops in a variety of disciplines.
You may also want to watch:
The coach house will also continue to stock paintings by Hayley as well as Jackie Smith mosaics and feather paintings by Mandy Baykaa-Murray, plus a range of glass and ceramics.
Angela, aged 42, hopes to open her business at the coach house in early April and in time for the Easter school break.
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 3 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 4 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 5 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 6 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 7 Sports clubs take on festive run for hospice
- 8 Clevedon postie brightens community and raises cash for children's charity
- 9 Nailsea staff to complete 300km to feed families at Christmas
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait