Popular Wraxall pub announces sudden closure
- Credit: Archant
A popular Wraxall pub announced its sudden closure last week.
The Old Barn, in Bristol Road, had been a prominent watering hole for almost 20 years.
It was even included in the worth a visit section of the Good Pub Guide 2018, which offers detailed information on the UK’s best pubs based on a variety of different factors.
An announcement was made by the owners on the pub’s Facebook page confirming that the countryside public house has shut its doors for good.
They said: “The Old Barn is now closed for business.
“Thank you all for your kind patronage over the years – the site will be placed on the market shortly.”
You may also want to watch:
The Old Barn opened its doors in 1998, and was popular in summer months due to its sizeable beer garden.
It is not known whether the pub will continue in its current guise after being listed as up for sale.
- 1 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 4 Town council appeals for grit bin monitors in Portishead
- 5 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 6 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 7 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 8 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 9 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 10 Ashton & Backwell's season could "crumble" warns Jones