Popular Wraxall pub announces sudden closure
- Credit: Archant
A popular Wraxall pub announced its sudden closure last week.
The Old Barn, in Bristol Road, had been a prominent watering hole for almost 20 years.
It was even included in the worth a visit section of the Good Pub Guide 2018, which offers detailed information on the UK’s best pubs based on a variety of different factors.
An announcement was made by the owners on the pub’s Facebook page confirming that the countryside public house has shut its doors for good.
They said: “The Old Barn is now closed for business.
“Thank you all for your kind patronage over the years – the site will be placed on the market shortly.”
You may also want to watch:
The Old Barn opened its doors in 1998, and was popular in summer months due to its sizeable beer garden.
It is not known whether the pub will continue in its current guise after being listed as up for sale.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 4 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 5 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 8 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Yatton development welcomes first movers