Pool trustees look for new tenant
TRUSTEES of Portishead Open Air Pool are looking for new tenants to run the caf� adjacent to the seafront facility after the recent closure of the Lockhouse Lounge.
A long-running dispute saw the removal of the tenants of the poolside restaurant last month and members of the trust say they are now looking forward to the future.
The premises will initially be hired out on a temporary and short term basis to a caterer who can provide a suitable offering for pool visitors and the wider public. It is hoped that the caf� will be open in time for Easter.
Tenders are also invited by anyone interested in taking a long term tenancy at the pool caf� premises.
Trustees say pool users and members of the community will be asked to express their aspirations for the facility during the tendering process.
You may also want to watch:
The separate pool tuck shop, which serves teas, coffees, sweets, cold snacks, and ice creams, raised �11,000 for the pool during the 2010 swimming season. This will continue to run after the positive feedback received from pool users about the facility.
* For more details about the caf�/restaurant premises, potential applicants should contact Brenda Birkinshaw at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to Sally Chorlton (acting chair) at email@example.com
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 3 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 4 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 5 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 6 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 7 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 8 Further delays for rail project
- 9 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 10 Pubs and breweries running delivery and collection services during lockdown