Pool trustees look for new tenant
TRUSTEES of Portishead Open Air Pool are looking for new tenants to run the caf� adjacent to the seafront facility after the recent closure of the Lockhouse Lounge.
A long-running dispute saw the removal of the tenants of the poolside restaurant last month and members of the trust say they are now looking forward to the future.
The premises will initially be hired out on a temporary and short term basis to a caterer who can provide a suitable offering for pool visitors and the wider public. It is hoped that the caf� will be open in time for Easter.
Tenders are also invited by anyone interested in taking a long term tenancy at the pool caf� premises.
Trustees say pool users and members of the community will be asked to express their aspirations for the facility during the tendering process.
You may also want to watch:
The separate pool tuck shop, which serves teas, coffees, sweets, cold snacks, and ice creams, raised �11,000 for the pool during the 2010 swimming season. This will continue to run after the positive feedback received from pool users about the facility.
* For more details about the caf�/restaurant premises, potential applicants should contact Brenda Birkinshaw at email@example.com with a copy to Sally Chorlton (acting chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront
- 5 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 6 Cliff Richard concert to be live streamed in cinemas
- 7 Ashton & Backwell United bow out of Buildbase FA Vase after Bemerton Heath Harlequins defeat
- 8 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up