PHOTOS: Golf club’s major refurb makes it ‘vibrant’ venue for members, parties and weddings
- Credit: Archant
A golf club has undergone a facelift after significant investment, making it more ‘welcoming and vibrant’.
Congresbury's Mendip Spring Golf & Country Club has received a major refurbishment, improving bar and function facilities to enhance the experience for members and guests.
The owners have also ensured the work has preserved the character of the farmhouse, while modernising the building throughout.
A significant sum has been invested, with hopes of attracting more people to the club - be it to play golf, host parties or conferences, or even get married.
Scott Thompson, the club's director of golf, is delighted with the end product.
He said: "The owners have always looked to invest in the Mendip Spring to ensure it is always welcoming and vibrant, while maintaining the traditional feel of the original farmhouse building.
"We are really pleased with every phase of the refurbishments and have had nothing but compliments from the golfers and visitors who have seen it so far.
- 1 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 2 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
- 3 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 4 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 5 Clevedon Library to close for THREE MONTHS for major refurb
- 6 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 7 Cadbury House to host open air cinema for the summer
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Home star Hughes wins Nailsea OBE tournament
- 10 Superb, high-spec house in a Nailsea hotspot
"We invite everyone to come and see the vast changes the whole venue has seen since the start of the year.
"It is the perfect venue for anything from a casual drink or a catch up with friends over for our Wednesday curry night."
Its not just the building which has been freshened up - there is a revamped menu offering high-quality food and a bolstered range of drinks available to sample.
Mr Thompson added: "Not only will you see cosmetic changes, but hopefully visitors can appreciate the work gone into giving our food and drink menus a makeover as well.
"We've stripped everything back and created menus that focus on homemade, freshly prepared food as well as looking at popular drinks with the creation of our new gin menu available - perfect for the summer evenings at Mendip Spring ahead.
"We are looking forward to a hot summer and hope anyone who may not have visited us in the past, to come and see what we have to offer."
The new-look Mendip Spring will be showcased to the public at its summer barbecue on July 20, with live music and delicious food to be enjoyed.