PHOTOS: Golf club’s major refurb makes it ‘vibrant’ venue for members, parties and weddings
- Credit: Archant
A golf club has undergone a facelift after significant investment, making it more ‘welcoming and vibrant’.
Congresbury's Mendip Spring Golf & Country Club has received a major refurbishment, improving bar and function facilities to enhance the experience for members and guests.
The owners have also ensured the work has preserved the character of the farmhouse, while modernising the building throughout.
A significant sum has been invested, with hopes of attracting more people to the club - be it to play golf, host parties or conferences, or even get married.
Scott Thompson, the club's director of golf, is delighted with the end product.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "The owners have always looked to invest in the Mendip Spring to ensure it is always welcoming and vibrant, while maintaining the traditional feel of the original farmhouse building.
"We are really pleased with every phase of the refurbishments and have had nothing but compliments from the golfers and visitors who have seen it so far.
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 3 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 4 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 5 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 6 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 7 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 8 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 9 Christmas lights lift spirits in Portishead
- 10 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
"We invite everyone to come and see the vast changes the whole venue has seen since the start of the year.
"It is the perfect venue for anything from a casual drink or a catch up with friends over for our Wednesday curry night."
Its not just the building which has been freshened up - there is a revamped menu offering high-quality food and a bolstered range of drinks available to sample.
Mr Thompson added: "Not only will you see cosmetic changes, but hopefully visitors can appreciate the work gone into giving our food and drink menus a makeover as well.
"We've stripped everything back and created menus that focus on homemade, freshly prepared food as well as looking at popular drinks with the creation of our new gin menu available - perfect for the summer evenings at Mendip Spring ahead.
"We are looking forward to a hot summer and hope anyone who may not have visited us in the past, to come and see what we have to offer."
The new-look Mendip Spring will be showcased to the public at its summer barbecue on July 20, with live music and delicious food to be enjoyed.