Village to get pet crematorium
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Plans to open a pet crematorium in Yatton have been given the go-ahead by North Somerset Council.
Planning permission has been granted which will see an industrial unit in Wemberham Lane changed to allow animals to be cremated.
The idea was put forward by Portishead-based firm Pet Angels Parlour and the ‘niche’ business proposal was supported by Yatton Parish Council.
However, there was some concern from neighbours in Wemberham Lane that the enterprise may attract rats and lead to bad smells emanating from the premises.
North Somerset Council has put planning conditions on the crematorium, including ensuring a plan to ‘manage odour’ is produced for experts to review before it opens.
You may also want to watch:
The incinerator’s use has also been restricted so it can only be used between 9am-6pm on Mondays to Saturdays, excluding bank holidays.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 9 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 10 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend