Village to get pet crematorium
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Plans to open a pet crematorium in Yatton have been given the go-ahead by North Somerset Council.
Planning permission has been granted which will see an industrial unit in Wemberham Lane changed to allow animals to be cremated.
The idea was put forward by Portishead-based firm Pet Angels Parlour and the ‘niche’ business proposal was supported by Yatton Parish Council.
However, there was some concern from neighbours in Wemberham Lane that the enterprise may attract rats and lead to bad smells emanating from the premises.
North Somerset Council has put planning conditions on the crematorium, including ensuring a plan to ‘manage odour’ is produced for experts to review before it opens.
The incinerator’s use has also been restricted so it can only be used between 9am-6pm on Mondays to Saturdays, excluding bank holidays.
- 1 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 2 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 3 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports
- 4 Appeal launched to save town's Christmas light displays
- 5 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 6 Geocaching added to Nailsea Heritage Trail
- 7 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend
- 8 New Clevedon charity is helping to create the scientists of the future
- 9 WIN: Tickets to Olivier Award-winning play screening in Clevedon
- 10 Legal challenge over plans to dump dredging waste off Portishead