Village to get pet crematorium
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Plans to open a pet crematorium in Yatton have been given the go-ahead by North Somerset Council.
Planning permission has been granted which will see an industrial unit in Wemberham Lane changed to allow animals to be cremated.
The idea was put forward by Portishead-based firm Pet Angels Parlour and the ‘niche’ business proposal was supported by Yatton Parish Council.
However, there was some concern from neighbours in Wemberham Lane that the enterprise may attract rats and lead to bad smells emanating from the premises.
North Somerset Council has put planning conditions on the crematorium, including ensuring a plan to ‘manage odour’ is produced for experts to review before it opens.
You may also want to watch:
The incinerator’s use has also been restricted so it can only be used between 9am-6pm on Mondays to Saturdays, excluding bank holidays.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 4 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery