Village to get pet crematorium
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Plans to open a pet crematorium in Yatton have been given the go-ahead by North Somerset Council.
Planning permission has been granted which will see an industrial unit in Wemberham Lane changed to allow animals to be cremated.
The idea was put forward by Portishead-based firm Pet Angels Parlour and the ‘niche’ business proposal was supported by Yatton Parish Council.
However, there was some concern from neighbours in Wemberham Lane that the enterprise may attract rats and lead to bad smells emanating from the premises.
North Somerset Council has put planning conditions on the crematorium, including ensuring a plan to ‘manage odour’ is produced for experts to review before it opens.
You may also want to watch:
The incinerator’s use has also been restricted so it can only be used between 9am-6pm on Mondays to Saturdays, excluding bank holidays.
- 1 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 4 Town council appeals for grit bin monitors in Portishead
- 5 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 6 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 7 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 8 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 9 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 10 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features