Pair pledge NSPCC support
PORTISHEAD recruitment consultants Jeanette Hingley and Karen Watkins have thrown their weight behind the NSPCC Childline charity.
The business partners, who run Berry Rowan recruitment and HR consultancy based in Slade Road, will be donning their running shoes and applying deep heat in preparation of the Bristol 10k run on May 15.
Berry Rowan pledged its support for the charity in February when Jeanette and Karen undertook the challenge to raise �1,600, which would provide the recruitment and training of one Childline counsellor.
They are now planning a number of events over the next five months in the hope of reaching their target.
Further events from Berry Rowan will include a charity wine tasting event and auction in May, the couple will also be attending a number different events in Portishead during the summer.
You may also want to watch:
To support the ladies in their plight go to http://www.justgiving.com/BerryRowan
Anyone interested in attending the Wine Tasting evening and auction please contact Karen on 01275 390958.
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 3 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 4 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 5 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 6 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 7 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 8 Christmas lights lift spirits in Portishead
- 9 Nailsea runs virtual Christmas fair
- 10 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends