Pair pledge NSPCC support
PORTISHEAD recruitment consultants Jeanette Hingley and Karen Watkins have thrown their weight behind the NSPCC Childline charity.
The business partners, who run Berry Rowan recruitment and HR consultancy based in Slade Road, will be donning their running shoes and applying deep heat in preparation of the Bristol 10k run on May 15.
Berry Rowan pledged its support for the charity in February when Jeanette and Karen undertook the challenge to raise �1,600, which would provide the recruitment and training of one Childline counsellor.
They are now planning a number of events over the next five months in the hope of reaching their target.
Further events from Berry Rowan will include a charity wine tasting event and auction in May, the couple will also be attending a number different events in Portishead during the summer.
You may also want to watch:
To support the ladies in their plight go to http://www.justgiving.com/BerryRowan
Anyone interested in attending the Wine Tasting evening and auction please contact Karen on 01275 390958.
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 6 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 7 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 8 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage