Pair pledge NSPCC support
PORTISHEAD recruitment consultants Jeanette Hingley and Karen Watkins have thrown their weight behind the NSPCC Childline charity.
The business partners, who run Berry Rowan recruitment and HR consultancy based in Slade Road, will be donning their running shoes and applying deep heat in preparation of the Bristol 10k run on May 15.
Berry Rowan pledged its support for the charity in February when Jeanette and Karen undertook the challenge to raise �1,600, which would provide the recruitment and training of one Childline counsellor.
They are now planning a number of events over the next five months in the hope of reaching their target.
Further events from Berry Rowan will include a charity wine tasting event and auction in May, the couple will also be attending a number different events in Portishead during the summer.
To support the ladies in their plight go to http://www.justgiving.com/BerryRowan
Anyone interested in attending the Wine Tasting evening and auction please contact Karen on 01275 390958.
- 1 Portishead teachers WILL strike over workload dispute
- 2 Residents fear new homes between Nailsea and Backwell could 'open the floodgates'
- 3 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 4 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 5 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 6 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 7 Contemporary four-bedroom home packed with latest tech
- 8 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 9 'Accidental' house fire sees fire crews called out
- 10 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports