Overland opens in Kenn
NEW life has been breathed into a village garage.
Overland Automotive Engineers has moved into Kenn Garage, which closed at the end of last year, and it has been given a spruce-up by its new owners.
The company, which was set up in Nailsea in 2010, specialises in working with Land Rovers but offers services, MOTS and repairs for all vehicles as well as fabrication and welding.
It has also seen a number of old cars restored and the garage is happy to take on special projects for its customers.
Jules Haynes, who owns Overland with Martyn Ibson, said: “We wanted to move to a roadside location and we came across this empty garage, which seemed completely unloved.
You may also want to watch:
“Local residents have told us this has been a garage for more than 100 years.
“To keep the Kenn Garage name going we are now called Overland at Kenn and business is going well.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 5 Pubs and breweries running delivery and collection services during lockdown
- 6 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 7 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 8 Further delays for rail project
- 9 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 10 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis
“We are delighted to have met some of the locals with their vehicles already.”
Overland at Kenn, in Kenn Road, can be contacted on 01275 876339.