Outlet shops opens in town
A NEW shop has opened in Portishead’s Precinct.
The Somerset Toiletry Company has taken on the lease to a former green grocer’s store, which has been empty for more than two years, to open a factory outlet they have named Asquith and Somerset. Company chairman Sakina Bowhay says the size of the shop is ideal for their purposes.
The Somerset Toiletry Company designs, formulates and sells bath, body and home fragrance products in 35 countries.
Sakina said: “We keep a lot of stock in our warehouse and have said for some time that it would be sensible to put much of it on show and retail it ourselves.
“I walked past the empty shop one day and said that looks perfect, let’s give it a go.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “We are very much looking forward to serving the Portishead community.
“We have initially taken the shop for a short term but we can and will renew the lease if trade remains good.”
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 6 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 7 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 8 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
The company, which holds the Queen’s Award for Enterprise along with many design and business awards, offers 50 per cent off the recommended retail price of most of its products in the factory outlet.
It is open Monday to Friday 10am to 4.45pm and Saturday 10am to 5pm.