Outlet shops opens in town
A NEW shop has opened in Portishead’s Precinct.
The Somerset Toiletry Company has taken on the lease to a former green grocer’s store, which has been empty for more than two years, to open a factory outlet they have named Asquith and Somerset. Company chairman Sakina Bowhay says the size of the shop is ideal for their purposes.
The Somerset Toiletry Company designs, formulates and sells bath, body and home fragrance products in 35 countries.
Sakina said: “We keep a lot of stock in our warehouse and have said for some time that it would be sensible to put much of it on show and retail it ourselves.
“I walked past the empty shop one day and said that looks perfect, let’s give it a go.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “We are very much looking forward to serving the Portishead community.
“We have initially taken the shop for a short term but we can and will renew the lease if trade remains good.”
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 4 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 5 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 6 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 7 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 8 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 9 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 10 How to order free Covid home tests
The company, which holds the Queen’s Award for Enterprise along with many design and business awards, offers 50 per cent off the recommended retail price of most of its products in the factory outlet.
It is open Monday to Friday 10am to 4.45pm and Saturday 10am to 5pm.