Outlet shops opens in town
A NEW shop has opened in Portishead’s Precinct.
The Somerset Toiletry Company has taken on the lease to a former green grocer’s store, which has been empty for more than two years, to open a factory outlet they have named Asquith and Somerset. Company chairman Sakina Bowhay says the size of the shop is ideal for their purposes.
The Somerset Toiletry Company designs, formulates and sells bath, body and home fragrance products in 35 countries.
Sakina said: “We keep a lot of stock in our warehouse and have said for some time that it would be sensible to put much of it on show and retail it ourselves.
“I walked past the empty shop one day and said that looks perfect, let’s give it a go.”
She added: “We are very much looking forward to serving the Portishead community.
“We have initially taken the shop for a short term but we can and will renew the lease if trade remains good.”
- 1 Portishead teachers WILL strike over workload dispute
- 2 Residents fear new homes between Nailsea and Backwell could 'open the floodgates'
- 3 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 4 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 5 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 6 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 7 Contemporary four-bedroom home packed with latest tech
- 8 'Accidental' house fire sees fire crews called out
- 9 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 10 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports
The company, which holds the Queen’s Award for Enterprise along with many design and business awards, offers 50 per cent off the recommended retail price of most of its products in the factory outlet.
It is open Monday to Friday 10am to 4.45pm and Saturday 10am to 5pm.