Outlet shops opens in town
A NEW shop has opened in Portishead’s Precinct.
The Somerset Toiletry Company has taken on the lease to a former green grocer’s store, which has been empty for more than two years, to open a factory outlet they have named Asquith and Somerset. Company chairman Sakina Bowhay says the size of the shop is ideal for their purposes.
The Somerset Toiletry Company designs, formulates and sells bath, body and home fragrance products in 35 countries.
Sakina said: “We keep a lot of stock in our warehouse and have said for some time that it would be sensible to put much of it on show and retail it ourselves.
“I walked past the empty shop one day and said that looks perfect, let’s give it a go.”
She added: “We are very much looking forward to serving the Portishead community.
“We have initially taken the shop for a short term but we can and will renew the lease if trade remains good.”
- 1 First Bus and Stagecoach reps to face Portishead residents in meeting
- 2 Herd of model baby elephants complete 400-mile journey to Noah's Ark Zoo
- 3 PICTURES: Yatton School Carnival 2022
- 4 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 5 Individual, large detached bungalow in Nailsea hillside
- 6 Thousands of North Somerset homes could be abandoned by 2050s: Report
- 7 New balls for North Somerset rugby club - from car giant Honda
- 8 Dual-site primary school rated good by inspectors
- 9 Century-old family business opens new storage facility in Worle
- 10 Boats light up Norfolk broad for stunning artwork
The company, which holds the Queen’s Award for Enterprise along with many design and business awards, offers 50 per cent off the recommended retail price of most of its products in the factory outlet.
It is open Monday to Friday 10am to 4.45pm and Saturday 10am to 5pm.