Opening of Ewe-Knit 20
- Credit: Archant
STOCK flew off the shelves at the opening of Nailsea’s new store Ewe-Knit 20.
Emily Rickard was the joint winner of Crown Glass Shopping Centre’s Win a Shop competition and to celebrate her grand opening she invited everyone to the store for cakes and a raffle.
The talented entrepreneur will be selling materials for machine and hand knitting, her own range of knitted clothing and accessories and also running knitting courses. She said: “When I first opened there was a queue to get in and I sold out of some of my stock.
“I had a really good response and it’s really humbling to see so many people enthusiastic about the shop.
“Lots of people have already said they are interested in classes.”
You may also want to watch:
Nailsea School’s new headteacher, Christopher Wade, helped Emily celebrate the opening by inviting her back to her former school to talk to textile and business students.
Ewe-knit 20 Colliers Walk will be open from 9am-5pm Monday to Saturday and knitting classes will start in January.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 8 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 9 Ashton & Backwell United announce departure of Rich
- 10 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
A list of the workshops people can sign up to will be going up in the store window in December.
Emily will also be running a loyalty scheme in store where shoppers can get 15 per cent off on their sixth visit.
Emily won the shop by entering the Win a Shop competition to secure15 Colliers Walk free of rent and rates for a year.
The judges were so impressed by the entrants they announced two winners and Fran Hunt opened up Partysmartys at number 15, while Emily was given the keys to number 20.