Opening date confirmed for The Posset Cup
- Credit: Archant
A new pub will open near Portishead Quays Marina at the end of next month.
Wetherspoons announced in the autumn that its new pub will be called The Posset Cup, however it was not ready to open in time for Christmas as originally hoped.
Instead, it will open on February 23.
The pub has been built by Loc8 Developments which was behind the construction of the Lidl supermarket and Travelodge hotel which are based next to the bar in Harbour Road.
Home Bargains and Majestic Wine opened down the road in November.
You may also want to watch:
Wetherspoons aims to name many of its pubs using local historical references.
It chose The Posset Cup which is based around Portishead’s nickname over The Gold Anchor, The Turbine Hall, The Light House and The Landing Place.
- 1 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 4 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 5 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 6 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 7 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 8 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party