Opening date confirmed for The Posset Cup
- Credit: Archant
A new pub will open near Portishead Quays Marina at the end of next month.
Wetherspoons announced in the autumn that its new pub will be called The Posset Cup, however it was not ready to open in time for Christmas as originally hoped.
Instead, it will open on February 23.
The pub has been built by Loc8 Developments which was behind the construction of the Lidl supermarket and Travelodge hotel which are based next to the bar in Harbour Road.
Home Bargains and Majestic Wine opened down the road in November.
You may also want to watch:
Wetherspoons aims to name many of its pubs using local historical references.
It chose The Posset Cup which is based around Portishead’s nickname over The Gold Anchor, The Turbine Hall, The Light House and The Landing Place.
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 3 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 4 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 Support Portishead and Nailsea Lions clubs with Santa Float collections this December
- 7 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 8 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 9 Portishead building firm wins national award