Occupational health move by GPs
- Credit: supplied
FOUR North Somerset GP practices have come together to form a new business aimed at transforming the way occupational healthcare is delivered across the South West.
Clevedon Riverside Group, Yatton Surgery, Long Ashton Surgery and Wrington Vale Medical Practice have joined forces to form Work Doctors, a specialist healthcare company which will help employers improve the standard and speed with which they respond to staff members’ work-related health issues.
Work Doctors hopes to reduce the many hundreds of sick days lost to industry across the region each year.
It hopes to provide companies with quicker and easier access to specialist advice, support and assistance to help keep their employees healthy and productive at work.
Work Doctors has its head office in Long Ashton and already has a number of businesses signed-up for its service.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Mark O’Connor of Long Ashton Surgery said: “We believe workplace healthcare can be better delivered by a company that works with both the employer and the employee to deliver sensitive solutions in an engaging, timely and personal way. Employees are one of the most valuable assets for many businesses and too much time can be lost in coming to an understanding of their diagnosis and treatment when they are unwell, and how these impact on their ability to work.
“Our model eliminates the traditional delays and delivers a definite report and recommended treatment plan within 24 hours.”
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 3 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 4 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 5 Support Portishead and Nailsea Lions clubs with Santa Float collections this December
- 6 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 7 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 8 Clevedon Music Club cancels winter concert
- 9 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
Pictured are Dr Andrew Warinton, Dr Stephen Pill, Roger Harrison, Dr Mark O’Connor, Julie Davidson, Lesley Irvine and Dr Shruti Patel.