Nursery wins gold at Chelsea Flower Show
- Credit: Archant
A TICKENHAM nursery is celebrating after achieving its first gold medal at the Chelsea Flower Show.
Jane Lindsay and Toni O’Connor from Tynings Climbers, in Clevedon Road, are delighted to have finally scooped top prize for their floral display after trying for 20 years.
Jane said: “It’s a huge relief. It was almost surreal when we found out.”
Jane and Toni have won many awards for their climbers, but despite years of trying they kept missing out at the Chelsea Flower Show.
Now they have achieved their dream, Jane and Toni have set their sights on a new challenge – they are hoping to grow the largest collection of climbers in the world.
You may also want to watch:
They are planning to start planting in the next three months and hope to take the collection along to Chelsea Flower Show in two or three years time.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 9 Holloway helps Northern Ireland women make history after qualifying for Euro 2022
- 10 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022