Nursery wins gold at Chelsea Flower Show
- Credit: Archant
A TICKENHAM nursery is celebrating after achieving its first gold medal at the Chelsea Flower Show.
Jane Lindsay and Toni O’Connor from Tynings Climbers, in Clevedon Road, are delighted to have finally scooped top prize for their floral display after trying for 20 years.
Jane said: “It’s a huge relief. It was almost surreal when we found out.”
Jane and Toni have won many awards for their climbers, but despite years of trying they kept missing out at the Chelsea Flower Show.
Now they have achieved their dream, Jane and Toni have set their sights on a new challenge – they are hoping to grow the largest collection of climbers in the world.
You may also want to watch:
They are planning to start planting in the next three months and hope to take the collection along to Chelsea Flower Show in two or three years time.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 4 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 5 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 6 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 7 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 8 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Green light for active travel scheme