Nursery wins gold at Chelsea Flower Show
- Credit: Archant
A TICKENHAM nursery is celebrating after achieving its first gold medal at the Chelsea Flower Show.
Jane Lindsay and Toni O’Connor from Tynings Climbers, in Clevedon Road, are delighted to have finally scooped top prize for their floral display after trying for 20 years.
Jane said: “It’s a huge relief. It was almost surreal when we found out.”
Jane and Toni have won many awards for their climbers, but despite years of trying they kept missing out at the Chelsea Flower Show.
Now they have achieved their dream, Jane and Toni have set their sights on a new challenge – they are hoping to grow the largest collection of climbers in the world.
They are planning to start planting in the next three months and hope to take the collection along to Chelsea Flower Show in two or three years time.
- 1 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 2 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 3 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 4 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 5 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 6 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 7 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 8 Remembrance service for crew who died in air crash
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns