Nursery wins gold at Chelsea Flower Show
- Credit: Archant
A TICKENHAM nursery is celebrating after achieving its first gold medal at the Chelsea Flower Show.
Jane Lindsay and Toni O’Connor from Tynings Climbers, in Clevedon Road, are delighted to have finally scooped top prize for their floral display after trying for 20 years.
Jane said: “It’s a huge relief. It was almost surreal when we found out.”
Jane and Toni have won many awards for their climbers, but despite years of trying they kept missing out at the Chelsea Flower Show.
Now they have achieved their dream, Jane and Toni have set their sights on a new challenge – they are hoping to grow the largest collection of climbers in the world.
You may also want to watch:
They are planning to start planting in the next three months and hope to take the collection along to Chelsea Flower Show in two or three years time.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 5 Pubs and breweries running delivery and collection services during lockdown
- 6 Further delays for rail project
- 7 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 8 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 9 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 10 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis