Businesses offered £3k in matched funds by council
- Credit: Archant
North Somerset Council is offering grants of up to £3,000 in matched funds to help businesses promote cycling or walking.
Previously the grants have helped a range of enterprises including providing Bristol Airport staff with a fleet of bikes.
The grants are up to 50:50 match-funded in order to improve cycling and walking-related provision on site.
Cllr James Tonkin said; “We know that each business is different and welcome applications for any scheme that will help a business encourage more of its staff, customers or service users to walk and cycle more.
“To leave the car at home more often; or to carry out its business in a cleaner, greener way.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year, 48 grants were approved by the council with organisations paying more than £86,000 in match-funding.
Applications are processed on a first-come-first-served basis.
To submit a grant application for your business, log on to www.travelwest.info/businesses/north-somerset
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 3 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 4 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 5 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 6 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 7 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 8 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 9 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 10 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown