New supermarket opens in Portishead
- Credit: Archant
A new supermarket has opened in Portishead this morning (Monday).
The Southern Co-operative store replaces the Morrisons My Local store at Portishaed Quays Marina.
Store manager Rebecca Carlon said: “It’s been very exciting to open our new store today and every customer we have spoken to has been extremely positive about their experience.
“We’re really looking forward to getting involved and engaging with our local community which The Southern Co-operative is well known for.”
The store was officially opened by Portishead RNLI mascot Stormy Stan who cut the ribbon this morning.
You may also want to watch:
Southern Co-operative also has donated £500 towards the RNLI.
Ms Carlon said: “It has been fantastic to work with the Portishead RNLI as part of our opening today and we can’t wait to build on this relationship in the near future.”
- 1 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 4 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 5 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 6 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 7 First year success for racing superstar Trevorrow
- 8 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 9 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 10 Clevedon carer raises more than £1,600 with charity head shave