New supermarket opens in Portishead
- Credit: Archant
A new supermarket has opened in Portishead this morning (Monday).
The Southern Co-operative store replaces the Morrisons My Local store at Portishaed Quays Marina.
Store manager Rebecca Carlon said: “It’s been very exciting to open our new store today and every customer we have spoken to has been extremely positive about their experience.
“We’re really looking forward to getting involved and engaging with our local community which The Southern Co-operative is well known for.”
The store was officially opened by Portishead RNLI mascot Stormy Stan who cut the ribbon this morning.
You may also want to watch:
Southern Co-operative also has donated £500 towards the RNLI.
Ms Carlon said: “It has been fantastic to work with the Portishead RNLI as part of our opening today and we can’t wait to build on this relationship in the near future.”
- 1 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 5 Camera club wants new members to join
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 8 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 9 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 10 Life-saving equipment installed in town