New supermarket opens in Portishead
- Credit: Archant
A new supermarket has opened in Portishead this morning (Monday).
The Southern Co-operative store replaces the Morrisons My Local store at Portishaed Quays Marina.
Store manager Rebecca Carlon said: “It’s been very exciting to open our new store today and every customer we have spoken to has been extremely positive about their experience.
“We’re really looking forward to getting involved and engaging with our local community which The Southern Co-operative is well known for.”
The store was officially opened by Portishead RNLI mascot Stormy Stan who cut the ribbon this morning.
You may also want to watch:
Southern Co-operative also has donated £500 towards the RNLI.
Ms Carlon said: “It has been fantastic to work with the Portishead RNLI as part of our opening today and we can’t wait to build on this relationship in the near future.”
- 1 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 2 Key workers awarded for their dedication during pandemic
- 3 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 4 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 7 Call for new system to help people with addictions and mental health issues
- 8 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 9 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 10 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser