Clevedon business backs pier for 150th anniversary year
- Credit: ¬© Craig Auckland / Fotohaus.
A Clevedon business will again sponsor a grade-II listed pier as it enters a significant year.
The Avery Group, including The Hawthorns, will be the main sponsor of Clevedon Pier, in The Beach, which is preparing to celebrate its 150th anniversary.
Chairman of the Clevedon Pier and Heritage Trust, Phil Curme, said: “Our connection with The Hawthorns goes back to the very start of its business in the 1990s and its support over the years has been very much appreciated.”
The partnership will see the pier work with The Hawthorns and Poets Mews, the new home set to open later this year, to host a number of community-led celebratory events.
Tim Somer, general manager at Hawthorns, said: “I am so happy we are able to sponsor the pier again.
You may also want to watch:
“Over the past 16 months of my tenure at The Hawthorns we have really developed our working relationship with the pier for the benefit of our residents.”
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 6 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 7 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 8 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 9 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 10 Yatton development welcomes first movers