Clevedon business backs pier for 150th anniversary year
- Credit: ¬© Craig Auckland / Fotohaus.
A Clevedon business will again sponsor a grade-II listed pier as it enters a significant year.
The Avery Group, including The Hawthorns, will be the main sponsor of Clevedon Pier, in The Beach, which is preparing to celebrate its 150th anniversary.
Chairman of the Clevedon Pier and Heritage Trust, Phil Curme, said: “Our connection with The Hawthorns goes back to the very start of its business in the 1990s and its support over the years has been very much appreciated.”
The partnership will see the pier work with The Hawthorns and Poets Mews, the new home set to open later this year, to host a number of community-led celebratory events.
Tim Somer, general manager at Hawthorns, said: “I am so happy we are able to sponsor the pier again.
You may also want to watch:
“Over the past 16 months of my tenure at The Hawthorns we have really developed our working relationship with the pier for the benefit of our residents.”
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 3 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 4 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 5 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 6 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 7 Region's youth offending service praised by inspectors
- 8 Portishead garden protected from development
- 9 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 10 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call