New shops planned for town
- Credit: supplied
A NEW retail and restaurant development is being planned for Portishead.
Loc8 Developments, which completed the creation of a Lidl, Travelodge and Subway in the town last year, now has plans to build a phase two scheme on adjacent land.
To be constructed off Harbour Road, the project will see 19,700ft of space created for retail use and A3restaurant or café use.
The plan is to create three new stores which will house a store specialising in home-wares, a wine merchant and a third operator which is currently under negotiation. The names of occupiers cannot yet be released as legal work between the parties is still being carried out.
A new entrance to the site and car park will be created off Harbour Road and provision will also be made for a park and ride service to be set-up to serve a new railway station planned for the town.
You may also want to watch:
Explaining why Portishead is an attractive location for businesses to move into, Loc8 Developments managing director Mark Kennedy said: “Portishead is an expanding town with good demographics and it feels good to be there.
“It is also close to the M5, with Bristol on its doorstep.
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 3 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 4 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 5 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 6 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 7 Sports clubs take on festive run for hospice
- 8 Clevedon postie brightens community and raises cash for children's charity
- 9 Nailsea staff to complete 300km to feed families at Christmas
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
“It is also very busy and fairly affluent.”
A detailed planning application for the £4million development has been submitted to North Somerset Council and, if approved, it is hoped workmen could be on site by next summer.