New shops planned for town
- Credit: supplied
A NEW retail and restaurant development is being planned for Portishead.
Loc8 Developments, which completed the creation of a Lidl, Travelodge and Subway in the town last year, now has plans to build a phase two scheme on adjacent land.
To be constructed off Harbour Road, the project will see 19,700ft of space created for retail use and A3restaurant or café use.
The plan is to create three new stores which will house a store specialising in home-wares, a wine merchant and a third operator which is currently under negotiation. The names of occupiers cannot yet be released as legal work between the parties is still being carried out.
A new entrance to the site and car park will be created off Harbour Road and provision will also be made for a park and ride service to be set-up to serve a new railway station planned for the town.
Explaining why Portishead is an attractive location for businesses to move into, Loc8 Developments managing director Mark Kennedy said: “Portishead is an expanding town with good demographics and it feels good to be there.
“It is also close to the M5, with Bristol on its doorstep.
- 1 Superb, high-spec house in a Nailsea hotspot
- 2 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 3 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Clevedon Choral back after 18 month hiatus caused by pandemic
- 7 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 8 Clevedon Library to close for THREE MONTHS for major refurb
- 9 Gardens on view for Clevedon wildlife trail
- 10 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
“It is also very busy and fairly affluent.”
A detailed planning application for the £4million development has been submitted to North Somerset Council and, if approved, it is hoped workmen could be on site by next summer.