New shops planned for town
- Credit: supplied
A NEW retail and restaurant development is being planned for Portishead.
Loc8 Developments, which completed the creation of a Lidl, Travelodge and Subway in the town last year, now has plans to build a phase two scheme on adjacent land.
To be constructed off Harbour Road, the project will see 19,700ft of space created for retail use and A3restaurant or café use.
The plan is to create three new stores which will house a store specialising in home-wares, a wine merchant and a third operator which is currently under negotiation. The names of occupiers cannot yet be released as legal work between the parties is still being carried out.
A new entrance to the site and car park will be created off Harbour Road and provision will also be made for a park and ride service to be set-up to serve a new railway station planned for the town.
You may also want to watch:
Explaining why Portishead is an attractive location for businesses to move into, Loc8 Developments managing director Mark Kennedy said: “Portishead is an expanding town with good demographics and it feels good to be there.
“It is also close to the M5, with Bristol on its doorstep.
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 3 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 4 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 5 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 6 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 7 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 8 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 9 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 10 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
“It is also very busy and fairly affluent.”
A detailed planning application for the £4million development has been submitted to North Somerset Council and, if approved, it is hoped workmen could be on site by next summer.