New shoe shop for Nailsea
- Credit: Archant
A COUPLE have opened up a new shop in Nailsea to ensure people can still buy footwear in their local high street.
Anthony Lingham (pictured left) and Victoria Gasper, both aged 29, have set up Nailsea Shoe Shop after Victoria’s mum closed J T Shoes, in Somerset Square.
Anthony, who lives in Clevedon, said: “The lady who owned the shop here before was my partner’s mother and we decided to make sure there was still a shoe shop in Nailsea.
“My partner worked for her mum so she’s always been involved in selling shoes.
“I’ve been involved in all different aspects of retail. We just want to make sure there are still shops in the high street, not just charity shops.”
You may also want to watch:
The store stocks adult shoes including brands such as Sketchers and Rieker and is a specialist in wide-fitting footwear.
- 1 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 2 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 3 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 5 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 6 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 7 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3