New shoe shop for Nailsea
- Credit: Archant
A COUPLE have opened up a new shop in Nailsea to ensure people can still buy footwear in their local high street.
Anthony Lingham (pictured left) and Victoria Gasper, both aged 29, have set up Nailsea Shoe Shop after Victoria’s mum closed J T Shoes, in Somerset Square.
Anthony, who lives in Clevedon, said: “The lady who owned the shop here before was my partner’s mother and we decided to make sure there was still a shoe shop in Nailsea.
“My partner worked for her mum so she’s always been involved in selling shoes.
“I’ve been involved in all different aspects of retail. We just want to make sure there are still shops in the high street, not just charity shops.”
You may also want to watch:
The store stocks adult shoes including brands such as Sketchers and Rieker and is a specialist in wide-fitting footwear.
- 1 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 2 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 3 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?
- 5 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list
- 6 Lions fund noticeboard for Backwell viewpoint
- 7 Clevedon AC members enjoy Glastonbury 10k outing
- 8 Call for community to support 'vital' children's hospice
- 9 Mixed fortunes for Clevedon LTC teams on league return
- 10 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected