New eateries land at Bristol Airport
- Credit: Archant
A host of new eateries and restaurants are set to open at Bristol Airport in the next few weeks, thanks to a seven-month catering project.
Warrens Bakery, EAT and Barburrito will open in December, and Frankie and Benny’s in spring 2019.
The Burger King restaurant will also be refurbished with new self-order kiosks.
The catering project forms part of more than £160million invested in new infrastructure and facilities at the airport since 2010.
Kate Ridgers, head of commercial development at Bristol Airport said: “We are delighted to soon welcome these high street brands to Bristol Airport.
“Passengers will be able to enjoy an extended range of products in a variety of restaurants designed to create a relaxing ambience when visiting Bristol Airport in the future.
“After market research and passenger feedback we know passengers start their trip as soon as they arrive at the airport.
- 1 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 2 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
- 3 Van destroyed by fire on busy village route
- 4 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 5 Gardens on view for Clevedon wildlife trail
- 6 Nailsea's Trendlewood Park needs volunteers
- 7 New chair elected at North Somerset Council
- 8 Plan for nine homes near tourist attraction refused
- 9 Snoopy is coming to North Somerset...
- 10 Record-breaking North Somerset AC keep on delivering success
“We wanted to offer a wide selection of restaurants and bars with an extended choice of menus including children’s and special dietary requirements both in the check-in area and departure lounge.”
Warrens Bakery is one of the world’s oldest pasty makers, and makes all its sandwiches, pasties and pastries fresh every morning.
London based seasonal restaurant EAT offers fresh food that changes with the season serving homemade soups, sandwiches, salads and hot pots made from scratch every morning to their own recipes.
Barburrito serves fast, healthy Mexican street food and a range of traditional and Mexican-style breakfast dishes.
American-Italian restaurant Frankie & Benny’s offers a menu inspired by New York Italian cuisine.
Bristol Airport will be Frankie & Benny’s seventh open airport location.
The restaurant also won the Consumer Choice category of the annual airport FAB Awards in 2016.
Bristol Airport is the ninth largest airport in the UK and the fifth largest airport outside of London.
In 2017 more than eight million passengers used the airport with planning approvals now in place to serve 10 million passengers per year.