New restaurant opens in country house
- Credit: Archant
A new restaurant has opened up at a country house in Backwell.
Backwell House, which was listed as one of the Ultimate 100 British hotels by the Sunday Times, is now serving food in its sophisticated surroundings.
The former family home in Farleigh Road opened as a hotel and wedding and conference venue last year with nine en-suite bedrooms to offer guests.
General manager Guy Williams also wanted to offer top quality food at the impressive venue and the restaurant will now open from Wednesday to Sunday for lunch and dinner.
Head chef Josh Hutson previously worked at The Victoria Park pub in Bristol and will be serving a lot of British sustainably-grown produce and meat which has been raised and sourced locally.
Mr Williams said: “Since the house opened in July 2016, we’ve held a series of sell-out Backwell banquets and so we felt the time was right to open a restaurant.
You may also want to watch:
“Each time we’ve been overwhelmed by the positive response and so we’re taking it to the next level.”
Mr Williams is running the venue as a joint venture with the Hobbs family.
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 3 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 4 Charity gains national recognition at awards
- 5 Care home enjoys visit from donkey
- 6 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 7 The Subways to perform at Bristol O2 Academy
- 8 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 9 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 10 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts
The bedrooms have been decorated using reclaimed timber and reconditioned vintage bath tubs to give them a quirky, country feel.
The old kitchen floor was sliced into tiny squares and used to create a bar counter, while vintage suitcases were filled with concrete and transformed into industrial-chic basins.