New restaurant opens in country house
- Credit: Archant
A new restaurant has opened up at a country house in Backwell.
Backwell House, which was listed as one of the Ultimate 100 British hotels by the Sunday Times, is now serving food in its sophisticated surroundings.
The former family home in Farleigh Road opened as a hotel and wedding and conference venue last year with nine en-suite bedrooms to offer guests.
General manager Guy Williams also wanted to offer top quality food at the impressive venue and the restaurant will now open from Wednesday to Sunday for lunch and dinner.
Head chef Josh Hutson previously worked at The Victoria Park pub in Bristol and will be serving a lot of British sustainably-grown produce and meat which has been raised and sourced locally.
Mr Williams said: “Since the house opened in July 2016, we’ve held a series of sell-out Backwell banquets and so we felt the time was right to open a restaurant.
You may also want to watch:
“Each time we’ve been overwhelmed by the positive response and so we’re taking it to the next level.”
Mr Williams is running the venue as a joint venture with the Hobbs family.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Special school expansion progress
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
The bedrooms have been decorated using reclaimed timber and reconditioned vintage bath tubs to give them a quirky, country feel.
The old kitchen floor was sliced into tiny squares and used to create a bar counter, while vintage suitcases were filled with concrete and transformed into industrial-chic basins.