New Post Office will open for longer
- Credit: Archant
POST Office customers in Clevedon will soon have access to a brand new facility with longer opening hours.
The Post Office has announced plans to move the service at the West End facility in Old Church Road into the nearby branch of Londis just 50m away.
The proposals have been put together with the approval of the subpostmistress who is happy to move to the new location.
The move, planned for February, is part of a major modernisation programme across the whole network and the new facility will feature three serving positions, two open and one screened.
There will also be an end to lunchtime closing with longer opening hours of 8am-8pm everyday, 44 more per week than the current service.
You may also want to watch:
Post Office regional manager Will Russell said: “We understand how important having a Post Office is to Clevedon residents and we are confident the new branch will meet the needs of the local community and secure services for the future.”
Customers now have a chance to give their comments on their proposals during a six-week public consultation which will run until December 20.
- 1 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Town council appeals for grit bin monitors in Portishead
- 4 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 5 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 6 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 7 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 8 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 9 Ashton & Backwell's season could "crumble" warns Jones
- 10 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
Responses can be sent by Freepost Your Comments to Post Office Ltd, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 08457 223344 or texting 08457 223355.