New Post Office will open for longer
- Credit: Archant
POST Office customers in Clevedon will soon have access to a brand new facility with longer opening hours.
The Post Office has announced plans to move the service at the West End facility in Old Church Road into the nearby branch of Londis just 50m away.
The proposals have been put together with the approval of the subpostmistress who is happy to move to the new location.
The move, planned for February, is part of a major modernisation programme across the whole network and the new facility will feature three serving positions, two open and one screened.
There will also be an end to lunchtime closing with longer opening hours of 8am-8pm everyday, 44 more per week than the current service.
You may also want to watch:
Post Office regional manager Will Russell said: “We understand how important having a Post Office is to Clevedon residents and we are confident the new branch will meet the needs of the local community and secure services for the future.”
Customers now have a chance to give their comments on their proposals during a six-week public consultation which will run until December 20.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Camera club wants new members to join
- 5 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 10 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
Responses can be sent by Freepost Your Comments to Post Office Ltd, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 08457 223344 or texting 08457 223355.