New Post Office will open for longer
- Credit: Archant
POST Office customers in Clevedon will soon have access to a brand new facility with longer opening hours.
The Post Office has announced plans to move the service at the West End facility in Old Church Road into the nearby branch of Londis just 50m away.
The proposals have been put together with the approval of the subpostmistress who is happy to move to the new location.
The move, planned for February, is part of a major modernisation programme across the whole network and the new facility will feature three serving positions, two open and one screened.
There will also be an end to lunchtime closing with longer opening hours of 8am-8pm everyday, 44 more per week than the current service.
Post Office regional manager Will Russell said: “We understand how important having a Post Office is to Clevedon residents and we are confident the new branch will meet the needs of the local community and secure services for the future.”
Customers now have a chance to give their comments on their proposals during a six-week public consultation which will run until December 20.
- 1 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 2 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 3 Nailsea & Tickenham toast confirmation of Western League spot
- 4 Volunteers needed to welcome Ukrainian refugees
- 5 New store sign among latest planning applications
- 6 West of England mayor back anti-expansion airport protestors
- 7 Artists work on show at exhibition in Congresbury this weekend
- 8 Stunning century sees Barrow Gurney II secure unlikely win
- 9 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 10 WIN! Tickets to George Michael Freedom Uncut at the Curzon
Responses can be sent by Freepost Your Comments to Post Office Ltd, via email at email@example.com or by calling 08457 223344 or texting 08457 223355.