New Post Office will open for longer
- Credit: Archant
POST Office customers in Clevedon will soon have access to a brand new facility with longer opening hours.
The Post Office has announced plans to move the service at the West End facility in Old Church Road into the nearby branch of Londis just 50m away.
The proposals have been put together with the approval of the subpostmistress who is happy to move to the new location.
The move, planned for February, is part of a major modernisation programme across the whole network and the new facility will feature three serving positions, two open and one screened.
There will also be an end to lunchtime closing with longer opening hours of 8am-8pm everyday, 44 more per week than the current service.
You may also want to watch:
Post Office regional manager Will Russell said: “We understand how important having a Post Office is to Clevedon residents and we are confident the new branch will meet the needs of the local community and secure services for the future.”
Customers now have a chance to give their comments on their proposals during a six-week public consultation which will run until December 20.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 7 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 8 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 9 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer
- 10 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
Responses can be sent by Freepost Your Comments to Post Office Ltd, via email at email@example.com or by calling 08457 223344 or texting 08457 223355.