New party venture
- Credit: Archant
TWO friends who met at a Portishead secondary school have started up a new venture offering hen night cupcake decorating parties.
Fran Hunt and Jane Smith, who both attended Gordano School, began working together when Fran won a unit in Nailsea’s Colliers Walk through Crown Glass Shopping Centre’s Win a Shop competition.
Fran has owned Partysmartys for several years and sells balloons, themed party bags, games and party décor.
On winning the shop, she contacted her friend Jane to help her with the business.
She said: “Working together in the shop, it was obvious many customers were looking for unusual party cakes personalised to the recipient including their pets, hobbies and lifestyle.
You may also want to watch:
“Jane had been making cakes for friends and family and thought it would be a good time to start a cake business.
“Jane and I took the food hygiene exams and Jane’s Kookie Cakes was born, making bespoke celebration cakes, cupcakes, cookies and cake toppers with caricature themes.”
- 1 From cleaning windows to playing for Ashton & Backwell - Coleman's story
- 2 Ashton & Backwell United progress in FA Vase after win at Stonehouse Town
- 3 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 4 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 5 Clevedon's home match with Gordano will be 'hugely proud moment' for Owen
- 6 Wildlife expert joins Portishead Arts Festival line-up
- 7 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 8 Staff working 'tirelessly' to reopen school after 'catastrophic' flood damage
- 9 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 10 Funds of £20k available for North Somerset groups
The pair then began offering cupcake decorating parties and competitions in the shop.
When Fran gave up the premises last year, they decided to continue working together by offering a mobile service for children’s parties and they have now expanded to include hen night cupcake decorating parties.