New pub opens in Nailsea
- Credit: Archant
A micropub has opened up for drinkers in Nailsea High Street.
Mark Ashman opened the doors of Nailsea Micropub for the first time at 5pm on Friday.
Mark, who has worked in the pub trade for the past 15 years, has always dreamt of running his own pub and is looking forward to meeting its customers.
He said: "It's been my desire to run my own pub and business and when I saw the current premises, I knew it was right for a micropub.
"I'm now working towards my dream of doing this and it's exciting.
You may also want to watch:
"Micropubs are on the up and becoming much more popular. It allows owners to be independent."
Mark will stock the bar with ales and ciders from local, independent brewers, along with gins, wine, prosecco and a small selection of soft drinks and pub snacks.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 7 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 8 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 9 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer
- 10 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
Mark, who is a member of the Campaign for Real Ale club, is planning to use his expertise and knowledge to turn it into a thriving business.