New pub opens in Nailsea
- Credit: Archant
A micropub has opened up for drinkers in Nailsea High Street.
Mark Ashman opened the doors of Nailsea Micropub for the first time at 5pm on Friday.
Mark, who has worked in the pub trade for the past 15 years, has always dreamt of running his own pub and is looking forward to meeting its customers.
He said: "It's been my desire to run my own pub and business and when I saw the current premises, I knew it was right for a micropub.
"I'm now working towards my dream of doing this and it's exciting.
You may also want to watch:
"Micropubs are on the up and becoming much more popular. It allows owners to be independent."
Mark will stock the bar with ales and ciders from local, independent brewers, along with gins, wine, prosecco and a small selection of soft drinks and pub snacks.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Camera club wants new members to join
- 5 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 10 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
Mark, who is a member of the Campaign for Real Ale club, is planning to use his expertise and knowledge to turn it into a thriving business.