New pub opens in Nailsea
- Credit: Archant
A micropub has opened up for drinkers in Nailsea High Street.
Mark Ashman opened the doors of Nailsea Micropub for the first time at 5pm on Friday.
Mark, who has worked in the pub trade for the past 15 years, has always dreamt of running his own pub and is looking forward to meeting its customers.
He said: "It's been my desire to run my own pub and business and when I saw the current premises, I knew it was right for a micropub.
"I'm now working towards my dream of doing this and it's exciting.
You may also want to watch:
"Micropubs are on the up and becoming much more popular. It allows owners to be independent."
Mark will stock the bar with ales and ciders from local, independent brewers, along with gins, wine, prosecco and a small selection of soft drinks and pub snacks.
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 7 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 8 Your Paper, Your Voice – we’re here to listen and act
- 9 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 10 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
Mark, who is a member of the Campaign for Real Ale club, is planning to use his expertise and knowledge to turn it into a thriving business.