New pub opens in Nailsea
- Credit: Archant
A micropub has opened up for drinkers in Nailsea High Street.
Mark Ashman opened the doors of Nailsea Micropub for the first time at 5pm on Friday.
Mark, who has worked in the pub trade for the past 15 years, has always dreamt of running his own pub and is looking forward to meeting its customers.
He said: "It's been my desire to run my own pub and business and when I saw the current premises, I knew it was right for a micropub.
"I'm now working towards my dream of doing this and it's exciting.
You may also want to watch:
"Micropubs are on the up and becoming much more popular. It allows owners to be independent."
Mark will stock the bar with ales and ciders from local, independent brewers, along with gins, wine, prosecco and a small selection of soft drinks and pub snacks.
- 1 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Town council appeals for grit bin monitors in Portishead
- 4 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 5 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 6 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 7 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 8 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 9 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 10 Ashton & Backwell's season could "crumble" warns Jones
Mark, who is a member of the Campaign for Real Ale club, is planning to use his expertise and knowledge to turn it into a thriving business.