New manager starts at four-star hotel
- Credit: Archant
A four-star hotel in North Somerset has just welcomed a new operations manager through its doors.
Brady Smith, aged 26, has begun the role at DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House in Congresbury and he has described its potential as ‘endless’.
Mr Smith has been in the hospitality industry since the age of 14 when he was an apprentice at a hotel in Great Yarmouth.
But he will now be overseeing the 200-strong team at the venue, which has just undergone a £500,000 renovation to improve its conference and events facilities.
Mr Smith said: “Joining DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House is a perfect fit for me. It benefits from being a high-quality branded hotel while remaining independently-owned, meaning that the potential is endless.
“Getting stuck in here is a really exciting prospect. It’s a home-grown brand but there are so many development opportunities.”
- 1 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 2 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports
- 3 Appeal launched to save town's Christmas light displays
- 4 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 5 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 6 New Clevedon charity is helping to create the scientists of the future
- 7 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend
- 8 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin
- 9 WIN: Tickets to Olivier Award-winning play screening in Clevedon
- 10 Geocaching added to Nailsea Heritage Trail