- Credit: Archant
THE new manager for Nailsea’s shopping centre has now been appointed.
Charlotte Jarrett started the job on Monday, taking over from James Lucas who left last month after 18 years in the job.
Charlotte was previously working as the deputy manager at The Eastgate Shopping Centre in Gloucester and is currently studying towards her diploma in shopping centre management.
Mark Robinson, of owners Ellandi which owns Crown Glass Place, said: “It’s great to bring someone of Charlotte’s calibre to Nailsea.
“I am sure that she will make a great team with Kate Cole, who has done a super job holding fort since James’ departure following his 18 years of great service to the town.
“We have achieved an awful lot during a difficult market and Charlotte is just the right person to take Nailsea to the next level.”
Over the past 12 months, the shopping centre has bucked national trends with a number of new shops opening up in the town. Charlotte said: “I’m really looking forward to working at the heart of such a vibrant community and helping to really put Nailsea on the map.
- 1 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 5 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 6 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin
- 7 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 8 Tributes paid to much-loved former councillor Derrick Lovering
- 9 Charity wants local views on renewables in Congresbury and Puxton
- 10 Village to host first ever season of live events
“The owners have made it clear that they have exciting plans and the money to achieve them, so I look forward to working with everyone shortly.”