New life at The Old Inn
NEW life has been breathed into a Clevedon pub since it was taken over by a new owner.
The Old Inn in Walton Road underwent a complete interior refurbishment with the creation of a new dining area after Paul Onslow-Carey, aged 51 from Clevedon, became the landlord at the Walton Road watering hole.
The garden has also been revamped with a new children’s play area and the establishment, which is managed by Neil Hancock, is proving more popular than ever since North Somerset Council moved hundreds of staff into the nearby Castlewood buildings.
Paul said: “I saw a rare opportunity to take on a pub that was declining with the benefit of the council moving in across the road.
“That was one of the main reasons why I took it on.
You may also want to watch:
“I always thought it was a bit of a sleeping beauty.”
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 4 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 5 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 6 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 7 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 8 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset