New homes to be built along A370?
- Credit: Archant
Plans to dismantle a former garage and convert it into houses and offices has been revealed.
Brooks Garage was on the market for several months but now a plan to redevelop the site has been unveiled.
It involves turning it into four homes and creating a two-storey office building, which would be used by applicant Vincent Ventures for accountancy.
In addition to the garage, the site’s existing two homes, off the A370, would be demolished, if North Somerset Council grants planning permission.
Cleeve Parish Council has raised no objections to the scheme, but has asked for ‘sympathetic lighting and native trees to be installed in consideration of the local bats’.
You may also want to watch:
Two members of the public who live close to the old garage have submitted letters of support to North Somerset, and they say the plans will improve the look of the area.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 3 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 4 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 5 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 6 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 7 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 8 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 9 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 10 North Somerset authors publish books