New homes to be built along A370?
- Credit: Archant
Plans to dismantle a former garage and convert it into houses and offices has been revealed.
Brooks Garage was on the market for several months but now a plan to redevelop the site has been unveiled.
It involves turning it into four homes and creating a two-storey office building, which would be used by applicant Vincent Ventures for accountancy.
In addition to the garage, the site’s existing two homes, off the A370, would be demolished, if North Somerset Council grants planning permission.
Cleeve Parish Council has raised no objections to the scheme, but has asked for ‘sympathetic lighting and native trees to be installed in consideration of the local bats’.
You may also want to watch:
Two members of the public who live close to the old garage have submitted letters of support to North Somerset, and they say the plans will improve the look of the area.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 7 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 8 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 9 Parents praise nurseries and childminders for support during pandemic
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches