New homes to be built along A370?
- Credit: Archant
Plans to dismantle a former garage and convert it into houses and offices has been revealed.
Brooks Garage was on the market for several months but now a plan to redevelop the site has been unveiled.
It involves turning it into four homes and creating a two-storey office building, which would be used by applicant Vincent Ventures for accountancy.
In addition to the garage, the site’s existing two homes, off the A370, would be demolished, if North Somerset Council grants planning permission.
Cleeve Parish Council has raised no objections to the scheme, but has asked for ‘sympathetic lighting and native trees to be installed in consideration of the local bats’.
You may also want to watch:
Two members of the public who live close to the old garage have submitted letters of support to North Somerset, and they say the plans will improve the look of the area.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 8 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 9 Ashton & Backwell United announce departure of Rich
- 10 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage