New homes to be built along A370?
- Credit: Archant
Plans to dismantle a former garage and convert it into houses and offices has been revealed.
Brooks Garage was on the market for several months but now a plan to redevelop the site has been unveiled.
It involves turning it into four homes and creating a two-storey office building, which would be used by applicant Vincent Ventures for accountancy.
In addition to the garage, the site’s existing two homes, off the A370, would be demolished, if North Somerset Council grants planning permission.
Cleeve Parish Council has raised no objections to the scheme, but has asked for ‘sympathetic lighting and native trees to be installed in consideration of the local bats’.
You may also want to watch:
Two members of the public who live close to the old garage have submitted letters of support to North Somerset, and they say the plans will improve the look of the area.
- 1 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 Seek appointment with GP for persistent stomach troubles, urges NHS and Public Health England campaign
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 7 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 8 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 9 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown