New home for The Fitness Hub
- Credit: supplied
PORTISHEAD’S sport and fitness industry has received a £100,000 investment.
The personal investment has involved the relocation of The Fitness Hub gym from its original site in Kestrel Court, Harbour Road, to larger premises in Old Mill Road.
Owners, former world champion kick boxer, Andy Cleeves and his wife Claire, have pulled out all the stops to overhaul a former warehouse, transforming it into a 21st century fitness facility.
Claire said: “This is a family-run business and we want to make sure there is something to appeal to people of all ages and fitness levels. Our aim is to provide a relaxed environment and quality training with equipment and classes to suit everyone from the complete novice to professional sports men and women.”
The new gym has a women’s only area, a spacious main studio, spin studio, cardio, power and resistance zones, with modern changing rooms and showers.
You may also want to watch:
A new rope and a functional fitness rig has been installed and there is an extensive timetable of classes which includes regular boot camp courses.
The Fitness Hub sponsors a number of local athletes and in 2012 raised more than £20,000 for local charities.
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Special school expansion progress
- 3 Road to Wimbledon chance for North Somerset youngsters
- 4 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 7 Cleeve denied close finish as Clevedon friendly abandoned
- 8 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 9 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
The gym was also awarded first place for best health club in the region at the National Health Club Awards 2012.
To find out more about the gym visit www.thefitnesshubportishead.co.uk