New home for The Fitness Hub
- Credit: supplied
PORTISHEAD’S sport and fitness industry has received a £100,000 investment.
The personal investment has involved the relocation of The Fitness Hub gym from its original site in Kestrel Court, Harbour Road, to larger premises in Old Mill Road.
Owners, former world champion kick boxer, Andy Cleeves and his wife Claire, have pulled out all the stops to overhaul a former warehouse, transforming it into a 21st century fitness facility.
Claire said: “This is a family-run business and we want to make sure there is something to appeal to people of all ages and fitness levels. Our aim is to provide a relaxed environment and quality training with equipment and classes to suit everyone from the complete novice to professional sports men and women.”
The new gym has a women’s only area, a spacious main studio, spin studio, cardio, power and resistance zones, with modern changing rooms and showers.
You may also want to watch:
A new rope and a functional fitness rig has been installed and there is an extensive timetable of classes which includes regular boot camp courses.
The Fitness Hub sponsors a number of local athletes and in 2012 raised more than £20,000 for local charities.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 2 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 6 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 7 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 8 Legal action starts to remove Portishead traveller camp
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
The gym was also awarded first place for best health club in the region at the National Health Club Awards 2012.
To find out more about the gym visit www.thefitnesshubportishead.co.uk