New hail and ride bus service
- Credit: Archant
A NEW bus service has begun in Clevedon to serve those affected by cuts made to routes last year.
Set up by friends Shaun Craigie and Gary Williams, Bristol Greyhound is a new small Clevedon-based company.
Its X7 bus follows the route of the recently-cut 800 Clevedon town service which, after it was withdrawn, left many people without any public transport from their homes.
It has reintroduced buses to parts of Clevedon not served for some time, with Kenn Moor Road, Strode Road, Westbourne Avenue and Sunnyside Road getting a direct service into the town centre before it goes on to Bristol.
Shaun said: “We are delighted to be able to offer a new bus service to the people of Tickenham and Clevedon.
You may also want to watch:
“Our X7 bus offers good value, easy to understand ticked prices and a simple timetable.”
The new bus runs every hour throughout the day, Mondays to Fridays. A Saturday service is under consideration for the near future.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
It is operated by regular drivers and allows passengers to get on from anywhere along the route – there is no need to find a bus stop.
For more details and timetables visit www.bristolgreyhoundbus.co.uk or call 07928 835184.