New hail and ride bus service
- Credit: Archant
A NEW bus service has begun in Clevedon to serve those affected by cuts made to routes last year.
Set up by friends Shaun Craigie and Gary Williams, Bristol Greyhound is a new small Clevedon-based company.
Its X7 bus follows the route of the recently-cut 800 Clevedon town service which, after it was withdrawn, left many people without any public transport from their homes.
It has reintroduced buses to parts of Clevedon not served for some time, with Kenn Moor Road, Strode Road, Westbourne Avenue and Sunnyside Road getting a direct service into the town centre before it goes on to Bristol.
Shaun said: “We are delighted to be able to offer a new bus service to the people of Tickenham and Clevedon.
“Our X7 bus offers good value, easy to understand ticked prices and a simple timetable.”
The new bus runs every hour throughout the day, Mondays to Fridays. A Saturday service is under consideration for the near future.
- 1 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 2 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 3 Clevedon bookshop to launch grant scheme
- 4 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 5 Portishead retailer's suitcase appeal to support vulnerable African children
- 6 Clevedon United under-16 Girls stun Bishops Lydeard
- 7 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 8 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
- 9 New Clevedon shop opens in The Triangle
- 10 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad
It is operated by regular drivers and allows passengers to get on from anywhere along the route – there is no need to find a bus stop.
For more details and timetables visit www.bristolgreyhoundbus.co.uk or call 07928 835184.