New gallery opens at Clevedon Craft Centre
A NEW art gallery and studio has been set up at Clevedon Craft Centre.
The Wellydog Gallery has been opened by Janice Ashworth in a unit at the Moor Lane site.
Named after her family’s dog, 17-year-old border collie Wellington, the gallery features a variety of Janice’s watercolour art ranging from tiny collectible original cards to large, framed pictures. These include studies of water, buildings and local scenes.
As well as using the craft centre as a place to create and sell her work, Janice also plans to run painting workshops in the teaching room at the site.
The first will be for beginners and will run from 10am-4.30pm on September 10. On October 15, a class for improvers will be held from 10am-4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Janice, aged 49 from Weston, has opened the gallery after deciding to become a full-time professional artist. She said: “I am so excited - this has been a life-long ambition.
“Six weeks ago I didn’t even know I was going to be doing this - my contract for my job finished and I came to have a look at the unit straight away.
- 1 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 Seek appointment with GP for persistent stomach troubles, urges NHS and Public Health England campaign
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 7 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 8 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 9 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
“I had set up a studio at home but there were just too many distractions.”
* To find out more about Janice’s workshops call her on 07702 090684 or email email@example.com