New gallery opens at Clevedon Craft Centre
A NEW art gallery and studio has been set up at Clevedon Craft Centre.
The Wellydog Gallery has been opened by Janice Ashworth in a unit at the Moor Lane site.
Named after her family’s dog, 17-year-old border collie Wellington, the gallery features a variety of Janice’s watercolour art ranging from tiny collectible original cards to large, framed pictures. These include studies of water, buildings and local scenes.
As well as using the craft centre as a place to create and sell her work, Janice also plans to run painting workshops in the teaching room at the site.
The first will be for beginners and will run from 10am-4.30pm on September 10. On October 15, a class for improvers will be held from 10am-4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Janice, aged 49 from Weston, has opened the gallery after deciding to become a full-time professional artist. She said: “I am so excited - this has been a life-long ambition.
“Six weeks ago I didn’t even know I was going to be doing this - my contract for my job finished and I came to have a look at the unit straight away.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 7 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 8 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 9 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 10 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
“I had set up a studio at home but there were just too many distractions.”
* To find out more about Janice’s workshops call her on 07702 090684 or email firstname.lastname@example.org