New gallery opens at Clevedon Craft Centre
A NEW art gallery and studio has been set up at Clevedon Craft Centre.
The Wellydog Gallery has been opened by Janice Ashworth in a unit at the Moor Lane site.
Named after her family’s dog, 17-year-old border collie Wellington, the gallery features a variety of Janice’s watercolour art ranging from tiny collectible original cards to large, framed pictures. These include studies of water, buildings and local scenes.
As well as using the craft centre as a place to create and sell her work, Janice also plans to run painting workshops in the teaching room at the site.
The first will be for beginners and will run from 10am-4.30pm on September 10. On October 15, a class for improvers will be held from 10am-4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Janice, aged 49 from Weston, has opened the gallery after deciding to become a full-time professional artist. She said: “I am so excited - this has been a life-long ambition.
“Six weeks ago I didn’t even know I was going to be doing this - my contract for my job finished and I came to have a look at the unit straight away.
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 3 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 4 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 5 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 6 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 7 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 8 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 9 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 10 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
“I had set up a studio at home but there were just too many distractions.”
* To find out more about Janice’s workshops call her on 07702 090684 or email firstname.lastname@example.org