New gallery opens at Clevedon Craft Centre
A NEW art gallery and studio has been set up at Clevedon Craft Centre.
The Wellydog Gallery has been opened by Janice Ashworth in a unit at the Moor Lane site.
Named after her family’s dog, 17-year-old border collie Wellington, the gallery features a variety of Janice’s watercolour art ranging from tiny collectible original cards to large, framed pictures. These include studies of water, buildings and local scenes.
As well as using the craft centre as a place to create and sell her work, Janice also plans to run painting workshops in the teaching room at the site.
The first will be for beginners and will run from 10am-4.30pm on September 10. On October 15, a class for improvers will be held from 10am-4.30pm.
Janice, aged 49 from Weston, has opened the gallery after deciding to become a full-time professional artist. She said: “I am so excited - this has been a life-long ambition.
“Six weeks ago I didn’t even know I was going to be doing this - my contract for my job finished and I came to have a look at the unit straight away.
- 1 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 2 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
- 3 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 4 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 5 Clevedon Library to close for THREE MONTHS for major refurb
- 6 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 7 Cadbury House to host open air cinema for the summer
- 8 Clevedon Choral back after 18 month hiatus caused by pandemic
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Home star Hughes wins Nailsea OBE tournament
“I had set up a studio at home but there were just too many distractions.”
* To find out more about Janice’s workshops call her on 07702 090684 or email firstname.lastname@example.org