New furniture showroom opens in Portishead
- Credit: Archant
A new furniture showroom has opened in Portishead following the success of an online business.
Portishead Direct launched online earlier in 2016, but managing director Saz Casey says positive comments from customers led her to open a showroom.
The busy mother-of-two, who lives in Combe Avenue, said: “We offer a personal delivery service, currently free of charge to BS postcodes, so a lot of our customers are from the local area and when we deliver, many of them comment on the quality and say the furniture is even better than they had imagined.
“With this in mind, we saw the need for a viewing room so that people can see the quality up close before they buy if they want to.”
Customers can make appointments to view the showroom and it is also open at Harbourmead at Harbour Road Trading Estate on Saturdays from 10am to noon.
Saz added: “We offer solid oak stylish furniture at discount prices, which can be up to 50 per cent below the recommended retail price.
“We hold a great deal of stock locally too, so can often deliver the next day, which includes evening and weekend delivery times.
- 1 Beautiful open-plan, versatile living in popular Portishead
- 2 Planning a funeral: 7 key things to add to your checklist
- 3 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 4 Stunning century sees Barrow Gurney II secure unlikely win
- 5 Volunteers needed to welcome Ukrainian refugees
- 6 New store sign among latest planning applications
- 7 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
- 8 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 9 Gardens on view for Clevedon wildlife trail
- 10 West of England mayor back anti-expansion airport protestors
“I believe people deserve first class, quality goods and customer service and this is what we aim to offer at all times.
“We even unpack the furniture, make sure the client is happy with it and then take away the packaging.”