New community market boosts Portishead artisans
- Credit: Archant
Crafts, plants, jewellery and artisan street food are just some of the attractions which are helping a new weekly market in Portishead win a loyal following.
Old Mill car park is now home to a thriving community of traders and shoppers, which also uses entry donations to help charities connected to animal welfare, cancer research and organ donation.
An event spokesman said: “This is a new market promoting the local shopping and creating a new space for the community to share Saturdays together.
“Every week the public can enjoy different activities such as building your own succulents, face-painting, getting a henna tattoo or relaxing with a professional head and shoulder massage.
“Overall a great weekly event that will hopefully last with the support of the community.”
You may also want to watch:
The market is organised by Two Crowns Event Management and runs from 10am-4pm every Saturday.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 9 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 10 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships