New community market boosts Portishead artisans
- Credit: Archant
Crafts, plants, jewellery and artisan street food are just some of the attractions which are helping a new weekly market in Portishead win a loyal following.
Old Mill car park is now home to a thriving community of traders and shoppers, which also uses entry donations to help charities connected to animal welfare, cancer research and organ donation.
An event spokesman said: “This is a new market promoting the local shopping and creating a new space for the community to share Saturdays together.
“Every week the public can enjoy different activities such as building your own succulents, face-painting, getting a henna tattoo or relaxing with a professional head and shoulder massage.
“Overall a great weekly event that will hopefully last with the support of the community.”
You may also want to watch:
The market is organised by Two Crowns Event Management and runs from 10am-4pm every Saturday.
- 1 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 2 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 3 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 4 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 5 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 6 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 8 Injury-hit Yatton show spirit in loss to Winscombe
- 9 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list
- 10 WIN: Tickets to concert screened at Curzon Cinema