New community market boosts Portishead artisans
- Credit: Archant
Crafts, plants, jewellery and artisan street food are just some of the attractions which are helping a new weekly market in Portishead win a loyal following.
Old Mill car park is now home to a thriving community of traders and shoppers, which also uses entry donations to help charities connected to animal welfare, cancer research and organ donation.
An event spokesman said: “This is a new market promoting the local shopping and creating a new space for the community to share Saturdays together.
“Every week the public can enjoy different activities such as building your own succulents, face-painting, getting a henna tattoo or relaxing with a professional head and shoulder massage.
“Overall a great weekly event that will hopefully last with the support of the community.”
You may also want to watch:
The market is organised by Two Crowns Event Management and runs from 10am-4pm every Saturday.
- 1 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 4 Modern and versatile four-bedroom home
- 5 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 6 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 7 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon
- 8 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 9 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 10 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?