New community market boosts Portishead artisans
- Credit: Archant
Crafts, plants, jewellery and artisan street food are just some of the attractions which are helping a new weekly market in Portishead win a loyal following.
Old Mill car park is now home to a thriving community of traders and shoppers, which also uses entry donations to help charities connected to animal welfare, cancer research and organ donation.
An event spokesman said: “This is a new market promoting the local shopping and creating a new space for the community to share Saturdays together.
“Every week the public can enjoy different activities such as building your own succulents, face-painting, getting a henna tattoo or relaxing with a professional head and shoulder massage.
“Overall a great weekly event that will hopefully last with the support of the community.”
You may also want to watch:
The market is organised by Two Crowns Event Management and runs from 10am-4pm every Saturday.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 4 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 5 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 6 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 7 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 8 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 9 Seek appointment with GP for persistent stomach troubles, urges NHS and Public Health England campaign
- 10 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals