New business opens in Tesco car park
- Credit: Archant
CUSTOMERS at a supermarket in Nailsea will soon be able to access dry cleaning, key cutting and watch repair services at the store.
Tesco, in partnership with Timpson, applied for permission to set up a cabin in its car park off Stock Way North.
The proposal has been approved by North Somerset Council, despite Nailsea Town Council recommending its refusal to protect small businesses in the town.
Commenting online, Keith Lane, from The Chimes, added: “There is adequate provision of these services already in Nailsea.
“This application will lead to the destruction of businesses in the High Street and precinct.
You may also want to watch:
“A cabin will be an ugly eyesore at a site that the council is in the process of improving with the landscaping of the Glassworks site.”
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Special school expansion progress
- 3 Road to Wimbledon chance for North Somerset youngsters
- 4 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 5 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 6 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 9 Your Paper, Your Voice – we’re here to listen and act
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches