New business opens in Tesco car park
- Credit: Archant
CUSTOMERS at a supermarket in Nailsea will soon be able to access dry cleaning, key cutting and watch repair services at the store.
Tesco, in partnership with Timpson, applied for permission to set up a cabin in its car park off Stock Way North.
The proposal has been approved by North Somerset Council, despite Nailsea Town Council recommending its refusal to protect small businesses in the town.
Commenting online, Keith Lane, from The Chimes, added: “There is adequate provision of these services already in Nailsea.
“This application will lead to the destruction of businesses in the High Street and precinct.
You may also want to watch:
“A cabin will be an ugly eyesore at a site that the council is in the process of improving with the landscaping of the Glassworks site.”
- 1 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 2 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 3 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 6 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 7 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 8 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 9 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 10 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk