New healthy eating shop opens in Clevedon
- Credit: Eleanor Young
A new healthy eating and environmentally-friendly shop has opened in Clevedon.
A Better Weigh, in Old Street, was opened last month by Laura Webster.
As its slogan says, the new shop offers people a better way to shop, eat and live.
Laura said: "It is about supporting independent shops, we have a lot of local businesses in here who we also support.
"The eating part is about promoting healthier eating and then the live part is the whole environmental side of it and cutting out the packaging.
You may also want to watch:
"We were out and about last year in Bristol and came across one of these stores and just loved the concept and felt it was the way forward and it was something we wanted to do in our town.
"It has become so much already and it has just been amazing."
- 1 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Portishead Town set up Community Christmas Cheer to help local town
- 4 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 5 Seek appointment with GP for persistent stomach troubles, urges NHS and Public Health England campaign
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 8 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 9 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 10 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
People can bag up anything from nuts to pasta, rice to dried fruit as well as a range of essentials like bottles and soap.