New healthy eating shop opens in Clevedon
- Credit: Eleanor Young
A new healthy eating and environmentally-friendly shop has opened in Clevedon.
A Better Weigh, in Old Street, was opened last month by Laura Webster.
As its slogan says, the new shop offers people a better way to shop, eat and live.
Laura said: "It is about supporting independent shops, we have a lot of local businesses in here who we also support.
"The eating part is about promoting healthier eating and then the live part is the whole environmental side of it and cutting out the packaging.
You may also want to watch:
"We were out and about last year in Bristol and came across one of these stores and just loved the concept and felt it was the way forward and it was something we wanted to do in our town.
"It has become so much already and it has just been amazing."
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 8 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 9 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
People can bag up anything from nuts to pasta, rice to dried fruit as well as a range of essentials like bottles and soap.