Neighbourhood cafe bar opens today
- Credit: Archant
A new neighbourhood café bar is opening today (Wednesday) in Nailsea High Street.
James Murray and Simon Extance took on The Queens Head in March and have transformed it into an exciting new venue, named Coates House.
James said: “After a very busy few months of remodelling and building work, we are incredibly excited to be opening the doors.
“The old building has undergone something of a change, with a sympathetic renovation of the front, and a lovely bright new extension added to the back.
“We have loved discovering old treasures in the building, and have kept as many existing features as we could.
“The transformation is ongoing and we are looking forward to adding a new roof terrace next spring in time for when the weather improves.
“Coates House is a neighbourhood café bar – somewhere friendly where you are welcome for coffee, brunch, cake, dinner, a glass of wine or pint of real ale – whatever you fancy really.”
- 1 Superb, high-spec house in a Nailsea hotspot
- 2 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 5 Clevedon Choral back after 18 month hiatus caused by pandemic
- 6 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 7 Clevedon Library to close for THREE MONTHS for major refurb
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 10 Gardens on view for Clevedon wildlife trail
The business partners already own Hawkes House café in Thornbury and Theoc House in Tewkesbury and are renowned for using fresh produce and serving great food.
James added: “We hope everyone will feel welcome here, and use Coates House for whatever suits, be that morning coffee, lunch with friends, or a special evening meal.
“We will have daily newspapers, board games and toys to keep the young, and young at heart, amused.
“We’ve been blown away by the amount of interest and support we have had from the folk of Nailsea.
“We are looking forward to meeting everyone and can’t wait to settle in to Nailsea life.”