Neighbourhood cafe bar opens today
- Credit: Archant
A new neighbourhood café bar is opening today (Wednesday) in Nailsea High Street.
James Murray and Simon Extance took on The Queens Head in March and have transformed it into an exciting new venue, named Coates House.
James said: “After a very busy few months of remodelling and building work, we are incredibly excited to be opening the doors.
“The old building has undergone something of a change, with a sympathetic renovation of the front, and a lovely bright new extension added to the back.
“We have loved discovering old treasures in the building, and have kept as many existing features as we could.
You may also want to watch:
“The transformation is ongoing and we are looking forward to adding a new roof terrace next spring in time for when the weather improves.
“Coates House is a neighbourhood café bar – somewhere friendly where you are welcome for coffee, brunch, cake, dinner, a glass of wine or pint of real ale – whatever you fancy really.”
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 7 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 8 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 9 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer
- 10 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
The business partners already own Hawkes House café in Thornbury and Theoc House in Tewkesbury and are renowned for using fresh produce and serving great food.
James added: “We hope everyone will feel welcome here, and use Coates House for whatever suits, be that morning coffee, lunch with friends, or a special evening meal.
“We will have daily newspapers, board games and toys to keep the young, and young at heart, amused.
“We’ve been blown away by the amount of interest and support we have had from the folk of Nailsea.
“We are looking forward to meeting everyone and can’t wait to settle in to Nailsea life.”