Nailsea website entrepreneur award
SETTING up a website about car boot sales has netted a young Nailsea businessman an enterprise accolade.
Anthony Thomas, aged 23, received an Ernst & Young Striding Out Future 100 award at a ceremony in London.
Whatcarboot.com provides all the information needed to second hand goods fans who scour fields full of outdoor stalls every weekend.
Detailed listings, reviews and up-to-date information for potential buyers and sellers is available.
Anthony said: “The idea for the site and business came late last year from me and a friend going to car boot sales in the region.
You may also want to watch:
“We found that getting good up-to-date information was difficult and unclear and thought there must be a way we can solve this.
“Soon afterwards the idea was put into writing and we started work on the site.”
- 1 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 2 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 5 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 10 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema