Nailsea website entrepreneur award
SETTING up a website about car boot sales has netted a young Nailsea businessman an enterprise accolade.
Anthony Thomas, aged 23, received an Ernst & Young Striding Out Future 100 award at a ceremony in London.
Whatcarboot.com provides all the information needed to second hand goods fans who scour fields full of outdoor stalls every weekend.
Detailed listings, reviews and up-to-date information for potential buyers and sellers is available.
Anthony said: “The idea for the site and business came late last year from me and a friend going to car boot sales in the region.
You may also want to watch:
“We found that getting good up-to-date information was difficult and unclear and thought there must be a way we can solve this.
“Soon afterwards the idea was put into writing and we started work on the site.”
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 3 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 4 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 5 Town council appeals for grit bin monitors in Portishead
- 6 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 7 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
- 8 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 9 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 10 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star