Nailsea website entrepreneur award
SETTING up a website about car boot sales has netted a young Nailsea businessman an enterprise accolade.
Anthony Thomas, aged 23, received an Ernst & Young Striding Out Future 100 award at a ceremony in London.
Whatcarboot.com provides all the information needed to second hand goods fans who scour fields full of outdoor stalls every weekend.
Detailed listings, reviews and up-to-date information for potential buyers and sellers is available.
Anthony said: “The idea for the site and business came late last year from me and a friend going to car boot sales in the region.
You may also want to watch:
“We found that getting good up-to-date information was difficult and unclear and thought there must be a way we can solve this.
“Soon afterwards the idea was put into writing and we started work on the site.”
- 1 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 5 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 6 Camera club wants new members to join
- 7 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 10 Life-saving equipment installed in town