Full house for takeaway
- Credit: Archant
A Nailsea kebab shop owner is ‘delighted’ to have regained his five star food hygiene rating.
Kebab Kitchen, in the Crown Glass Shopping Centre, received a food and safety report by North Somerset Council in March, which gave the takeaway a one-star rating, having been a British Kebab Awards finalist for best takeaway last year.
The family-run business has been in the town for the past 12 years.
Owner Mehmet Yigit said: "The inspector told us everything was OK, with a few observations.
"The only thing he said was to paint the doors, but nothing about the food or cleaning quality.
You may also want to watch:
"We did not deserve this, because (in my opinion) the evaluation had nothing to do with the food or cleaning and preparation conditions.
"I am delighted with this quick turnaround and want to thank our loyal customers for sticking with us and the shopping centre manager for being very supportive."
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 7 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 8 Special school expansion progress
- 9 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 10 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset