Full house for takeaway
- Credit: Archant
A Nailsea kebab shop owner is ‘delighted’ to have regained his five star food hygiene rating.
Kebab Kitchen, in the Crown Glass Shopping Centre, received a food and safety report by North Somerset Council in March, which gave the takeaway a one-star rating, having been a British Kebab Awards finalist for best takeaway last year.
The family-run business has been in the town for the past 12 years.
Owner Mehmet Yigit said: "The inspector told us everything was OK, with a few observations.
"The only thing he said was to paint the doors, but nothing about the food or cleaning quality.
You may also want to watch:
"We did not deserve this, because (in my opinion) the evaluation had nothing to do with the food or cleaning and preparation conditions.
"I am delighted with this quick turnaround and want to thank our loyal customers for sticking with us and the shopping centre manager for being very supportive."
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 3 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 4 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 5 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 6 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 7 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 8 Christmas lights lift spirits in Portishead
- 9 Clevedon postie brightens community and raises cash for children's charity
- 10 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset