Full house for takeaway
- Credit: Archant
A Nailsea kebab shop owner is ‘delighted’ to have regained his five star food hygiene rating.
Kebab Kitchen, in the Crown Glass Shopping Centre, received a food and safety report by North Somerset Council in March, which gave the takeaway a one-star rating, having been a British Kebab Awards finalist for best takeaway last year.
The family-run business has been in the town for the past 12 years.
Owner Mehmet Yigit said: "The inspector told us everything was OK, with a few observations.
"The only thing he said was to paint the doors, but nothing about the food or cleaning quality.
You may also want to watch:
"We did not deserve this, because (in my opinion) the evaluation had nothing to do with the food or cleaning and preparation conditions.
"I am delighted with this quick turnaround and want to thank our loyal customers for sticking with us and the shopping centre manager for being very supportive."
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 5 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 10 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon