Full house for takeaway
- Credit: Archant
A Nailsea kebab shop owner is ‘delighted’ to have regained his five star food hygiene rating.
Kebab Kitchen, in the Crown Glass Shopping Centre, received a food and safety report by North Somerset Council in March, which gave the takeaway a one-star rating, having been a British Kebab Awards finalist for best takeaway last year.
The family-run business has been in the town for the past 12 years.
Owner Mehmet Yigit said: "The inspector told us everything was OK, with a few observations.
"The only thing he said was to paint the doors, but nothing about the food or cleaning quality.
You may also want to watch:
"We did not deserve this, because (in my opinion) the evaluation had nothing to do with the food or cleaning and preparation conditions.
"I am delighted with this quick turnaround and want to thank our loyal customers for sticking with us and the shopping centre manager for being very supportive."
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 10 Ashton & Backwell United announce departure of Rich