Nailsea business celebrates golden jubilee
- Credit: Archant
A FAMILY-run business in Nailsea is celebrating its 50th anniversary.
Mark Richard Insurance, in High Street, was established in 1964 by Dave Wyatt who ran it from his own front room and named it after his two young sons.
He set up an office in Bedminster, with drop-in shops in other parts of Bristol.
His eldest son Mark has run the firm since Dave’s death in 1987.
He said: “Mark Richard has always prided itself on providing a high quality local service, personalised for people’s needs.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s what drove the company in its early years, and we work hard to maintain the tradition 50 years on.
“So, although nowadays we deliver services online just as people expect, we’re also available face-to-face for Nailsea residents or at the end of the phone.”
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 3 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 4 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 5 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 6 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 7 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 8 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 9 Portishead Town set up Community Christmas Cheer to help local town
- 10 Seek appointment with GP for persistent stomach troubles, urges NHS and Public Health England campaign
The firm has a few staff who joined the business straight from school and are still with the company now.