Nailsea business celebrates golden jubilee
- Credit: Archant
A FAMILY-run business in Nailsea is celebrating its 50th anniversary.
Mark Richard Insurance, in High Street, was established in 1964 by Dave Wyatt who ran it from his own front room and named it after his two young sons.
He set up an office in Bedminster, with drop-in shops in other parts of Bristol.
His eldest son Mark has run the firm since Dave’s death in 1987.
He said: “Mark Richard has always prided itself on providing a high quality local service, personalised for people’s needs.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s what drove the company in its early years, and we work hard to maintain the tradition 50 years on.
“So, although nowadays we deliver services online just as people expect, we’re also available face-to-face for Nailsea residents or at the end of the phone.”
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 8 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 9 Ashton & Backwell United announce departure of Rich
- 10 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
The firm has a few staff who joined the business straight from school and are still with the company now.