Nailsea business celebrates golden jubilee
- Credit: Archant
A FAMILY-run business in Nailsea is celebrating its 50th anniversary.
Mark Richard Insurance, in High Street, was established in 1964 by Dave Wyatt who ran it from his own front room and named it after his two young sons.
He set up an office in Bedminster, with drop-in shops in other parts of Bristol.
His eldest son Mark has run the firm since Dave’s death in 1987.
He said: “Mark Richard has always prided itself on providing a high quality local service, personalised for people’s needs.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s what drove the company in its early years, and we work hard to maintain the tradition 50 years on.
“So, although nowadays we deliver services online just as people expect, we’re also available face-to-face for Nailsea residents or at the end of the phone.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 7 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 8 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 9 Parents praise nurseries and childminders for support during pandemic
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
The firm has a few staff who joined the business straight from school and are still with the company now.