Nailsea business celebrates golden jubilee
- Credit: Archant
A FAMILY-run business in Nailsea is celebrating its 50th anniversary.
Mark Richard Insurance, in High Street, was established in 1964 by Dave Wyatt who ran it from his own front room and named it after his two young sons.
He set up an office in Bedminster, with drop-in shops in other parts of Bristol.
His eldest son Mark has run the firm since Dave’s death in 1987.
He said: “Mark Richard has always prided itself on providing a high quality local service, personalised for people’s needs.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s what drove the company in its early years, and we work hard to maintain the tradition 50 years on.
“So, although nowadays we deliver services online just as people expect, we’re also available face-to-face for Nailsea residents or at the end of the phone.”
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 4 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 5 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon
- 10 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
The firm has a few staff who joined the business straight from school and are still with the company now.