Mum’s move from cafe to coaches
- Credit: Archant
A NEW venture will see a Portishead businesswoman swap cakes for coaches.
Carolyn Alderton has put her High Street café Scrumptious up for sale after snapping up one of the area’s long-standing coach companies.
This week Carolyn takes the helm at North Somerset Coaches in Nailsea which has been operating for more than 40 years.
The mum-of-two said: “Scrumptious will continue to run as usual until a new owner is found but running coaches is in my blood and buying this company was an opportunity I couldn’t miss.”
Carolyn comes from a family with a passion for quality bus and coach travel. She has previous experience working with Devon-based company Carmel Coaches, run by her relatives, and plans to take North Somerset Coaches under the family firm’s umbrella.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “I will be the hands-on transport manager of North Somerset Coaches which will be renamed Carmel Bristol. We will continue to run all the existing services with the same excellent level of service and add new opportunities.”
The Nailsea depot will be the third in the Carmel group, which also has bases in Okehampton and Exeter. With the new acquisition the organisation will have a total of 53 vehicles over the three depots, employing more than 100 people.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 6 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 9 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 10 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022