Mr Morrison takes the reigns at Sainsbury’s
- Credit: Archant
SAINSBURY’S has appointed the manager of its new supermarket due to open in Portishead in October.
Paul Morrison will take up the reins at the Serbert Way store which will employ about 250 people.
The 35-year-old father-of-two, who lives in Weston and previously managed Sainsbury’s Kingswood branch, says he is excited to be leading the new store.
He said: “I am looking forward to Sainsbury’s being a part of the Portishead community and am currently spending a great deal of time getting to know the local area, meeting residents, business owners and people involved in local community groups.”
Paul will be heading a Sainsbury’s stall at Portishead carnival on Saturday which will give residents a chance to find out more about the building work in progress and ask any questions they may have.
You may also want to watch:
He will also be launching the recruitment programme from the stall where job descriptions will be available, along with the dates when each vacancy will be released.
He added: “We will need to fill around 40 full-time positions and more than 200 part-time posts. We are looking for a wide selection of people, offer all our staff training and our in-store academy offers development opportunities for those who want a long term career with Sainsbury’s.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
As well as exhibiting at Portishead carnival Paul is hoping to enter a raft in to the town’s raft race on July 6.