Motorcycle shop flats plans
- Credit: Archant
A POPULAR motorcycle shop in Clevedon could be converted into flats in the future after planning permission was granted by North Somerset Council.
The owners of Clevedon Motorcycles in Old Street and Meadow Road resubmitted plans previously approved five years ago to transform the building into three one-bedroom flats.
Approval was given to them at a meeting of North Somerset Council’s planning committee on March 11.
Some concerns were voiced about a lack of parking in the area but North Somerset’s planning officers said the new flats would not create more demand for parking spaces than Clevedon Motorcycles would have done.
In fact, the applicants believe the changes will alleviate parking problems in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Clevedon Motorcycles is still operating at the site.
* An article printed in this week’s newspaper edition of the Times wrongly suggested the business has closed. We apologise for any confusion caused.
- 1 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 2 Carpenter praises Clevedon following success over Chippenham
- 3 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 4 Nailsea & Backwell under-16s get better of Weston on return to rugby
- 5 Business expansion plans get the go-ahead at Royal Portbury Dock
- 6 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 7 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 8 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 9 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 10 THINGS TO DO: Inflatable theme park returns to Gatcombe Farm Shop