Motorcycle shop flats plans
- Credit: Archant
A POPULAR motorcycle shop in Clevedon could be converted into flats in the future after planning permission was granted by North Somerset Council.
The owners of Clevedon Motorcycles in Old Street and Meadow Road resubmitted plans previously approved five years ago to transform the building into three one-bedroom flats.
Approval was given to them at a meeting of North Somerset Council’s planning committee on March 11.
Some concerns were voiced about a lack of parking in the area but North Somerset’s planning officers said the new flats would not create more demand for parking spaces than Clevedon Motorcycles would have done.
In fact, the applicants believe the changes will alleviate parking problems in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Clevedon Motorcycles is still operating at the site.
* An article printed in this week’s newspaper edition of the Times wrongly suggested the business has closed. We apologise for any confusion caused.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 9 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 10 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend