Motorcycle shop flats plans
- Credit: Archant
A POPULAR motorcycle shop in Clevedon could be converted into flats in the future after planning permission was granted by North Somerset Council.
The owners of Clevedon Motorcycles in Old Street and Meadow Road resubmitted plans previously approved five years ago to transform the building into three one-bedroom flats.
Approval was given to them at a meeting of North Somerset Council’s planning committee on March 11.
Some concerns were voiced about a lack of parking in the area but North Somerset’s planning officers said the new flats would not create more demand for parking spaces than Clevedon Motorcycles would have done.
In fact, the applicants believe the changes will alleviate parking problems in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Clevedon Motorcycles is still operating at the site.
* An article printed in this week’s newspaper edition of the Times wrongly suggested the business has closed. We apologise for any confusion caused.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 5 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 10 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon