Mother’s Day winners
- Credit: supplied
TWO mums have been gifted some luxury prizes after winning a Mother’s Day competition in Clevedon.
Town centre businesses Present Company and Global Independent Travel invited customers to nominate their mums for the chance of winning either a spa day for two or an accessory selection complete with handbag, scarf and earrings.
Emily Dobbs won the spa day for her mum, Penny Battison, who was put forward in recognition of her brave battle against breast cancer.
Michelle Wood won the accessories for her mum, Carol Wood, who she said always puts others before herself.
Geoff Pook, at Global Independent Travel, said: “It was a difficult decision as there were so many worthy mums but we felt Emily’s mum really deserved a treat.”
You may also want to watch:
Julie Bisacre of Present Company said: “Michelle’s mum is truly selfless and never dreams of treating herself to such special things.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans