Morrisons for Marina?
- Credit: Archant
SUPERMARKET chain Morrison’s has unveiled proposals to open a convenience store at Portishead’s Port Marine.
The new M-Local will open in one of the units on the ground floor of the apartment complex Sixty8 The Marina later this year if plans are given the green light.
Morrison’s has applied to North Somerset Council for a licence to allow them to sell alcohol at the waterfront store between 7am and 11pm seven days a week.
A spokesman for the organisation says if this is approved they will move quickly to fit out the store.
He said: “We can confirm that a licence application has been submitted and that the proposed store would be an M local – our convenience format.
You may also want to watch:
“Unlike other convenience stores, there is no price premium on fresh products in M-Locals and our research indicates that our fresh produce will be 4-11 per cent cheaper than in most other convenience stores.”
M-Locals put emphasis on fresh food and aims to stock a minimum of 100 lines of fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, fish and bakery in the marina store.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Camera club wants new members to join
- 5 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 10 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
Other features in the M local are likely to include freshly ground coffee, fresh orange juice, a hot food-to-go counter and a salad bar, which has been welcomed by residents.
Pensioner Pat Webber who lives close to the complex, said: “I think it will be lovely to have a convenience store right on our doorsteps and I’m sure visitors to the marina will appreciate the food-to-go counter and fresh coffee.”
The new store could create up to 15 new jobs.