More jobs for North Somerset
- Credit: Archant
A SERVICE based in Clevedon has won a contract to run a legal aid helpline, bringing 50 new jobs to the area.
North Somerset Council’s support services partner Agilisys has secured a contract with the Legal Aid Agency worth £5.7million over three years, with the option to extend it.
Agilisys will deliver the Civil Legal Advice Operator Service digitally and over the phone to help individuals determine whether they qualify for legal aid.
The 50 new jobs should be created by January 2015 and recruitment is due to start immediately.
Council leader Cllr Nigel Ashton said: “It’s great news for North Somerset that Agilisys are bringing even more new jobs to the area.
You may also want to watch:
“This announcement supports our commitment to work with our partners to strengthen the local economy.
“The added benefit for local residents is the additional jobs and income that will be generated from hosting the service centre from council buildings.”
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week