More jobs for North Somerset
- Credit: Archant
A SERVICE based in Clevedon has won a contract to run a legal aid helpline, bringing 50 new jobs to the area.
North Somerset Council’s support services partner Agilisys has secured a contract with the Legal Aid Agency worth £5.7million over three years, with the option to extend it.
Agilisys will deliver the Civil Legal Advice Operator Service digitally and over the phone to help individuals determine whether they qualify for legal aid.
The 50 new jobs should be created by January 2015 and recruitment is due to start immediately.
Council leader Cllr Nigel Ashton said: “It’s great news for North Somerset that Agilisys are bringing even more new jobs to the area.
You may also want to watch:
“This announcement supports our commitment to work with our partners to strengthen the local economy.
“The added benefit for local residents is the additional jobs and income that will be generated from hosting the service centre from council buildings.”
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 4 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 5 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 6 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 7 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 8 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens