Lingerie shop appeals for bras for homeless women
- Credit: Archant
A lingerie shop in Nailsea is asking women to donate their bras to give to homeless people.
Moonrise Lingerie, in Crown Glass Shopping Centre, has launched a new campaign to give homeless people access to a bra fitting service.
Once they have been measured, they will then be given a free bra.
Owner Tanya Hall said: “Homelessness can happen to any of us, at any time of our lives. Just because a person is homeless this doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be entitled to the luxuries in life.
“We hope this project will provide the ladies with a bra that fits and we also want them to feel positive about themselves during what must be a very difficult time in their lives.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had such an amazing response so far from local ladies and received over 500 bras now. I think this is truly astonishing and so generous of everyone.
“The more donations we can get the more ladies we can help.”
- 1 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 2 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 3 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 4 Carpenter praises Clevedon following success over Chippenham
- 5 May 17: Entertainment venues across North Somerset reopening
- 6 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 7 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 8 Portishead Open Air Pool to reopen on Friday
- 9 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 10 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected