Village business reaches 30-year milestone
- Credit: Archant
A Congresbury business, renowned for its horticultural expertise, is celebrating three decades of trading.
Middlecombe Nursery, in Wrington Road, is toasting its 30th anniversary this month.
The business, which was opened by husband and wife duo Nigel and Isy North in 1988, grows and sells a wide range of flowers, shrubs and trees and has built an impressive reputation over the years.
The nursery employs more than a dozen staff, and four generations of the North family live and work at the nursery.
Plants raised at the nursery have gone on to be used in prize-winning exhibits at the prestigious Chelsea, Hampton Court and Malvern flower shows.
You may also want to watch:
Nigel also enjoyed a 20-year stint on BBC Radio Bristol, holding a regular spot on Trevor Fry’s Sunday morning show where he shared his gardening wisdom with listeners.
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 3 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 4 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 5 Nailsea Cricket Club start senior nets for new season
- 6 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 North Somerset and Somerset libraries reopen this week
- 9 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 10 Clevedon's first tournament of season is big hit