Village business reaches 30-year milestone
- Credit: Archant
A Congresbury business, renowned for its horticultural expertise, is celebrating three decades of trading.
Middlecombe Nursery, in Wrington Road, is toasting its 30th anniversary this month.
The business, which was opened by husband and wife duo Nigel and Isy North in 1988, grows and sells a wide range of flowers, shrubs and trees and has built an impressive reputation over the years.
The nursery employs more than a dozen staff, and four generations of the North family live and work at the nursery.
Plants raised at the nursery have gone on to be used in prize-winning exhibits at the prestigious Chelsea, Hampton Court and Malvern flower shows.
You may also want to watch:
Nigel also enjoyed a 20-year stint on BBC Radio Bristol, holding a regular spot on Trevor Fry’s Sunday morning show where he shared his gardening wisdom with listeners.
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 4 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 5 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 8 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 9 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 10 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West