Village business reaches 30-year milestone
- Credit: Archant
A Congresbury business, renowned for its horticultural expertise, is celebrating three decades of trading.
Middlecombe Nursery, in Wrington Road, is toasting its 30th anniversary this month.
The business, which was opened by husband and wife duo Nigel and Isy North in 1988, grows and sells a wide range of flowers, shrubs and trees and has built an impressive reputation over the years.
The nursery employs more than a dozen staff, and four generations of the North family live and work at the nursery.
Plants raised at the nursery have gone on to be used in prize-winning exhibits at the prestigious Chelsea, Hampton Court and Malvern flower shows.
You may also want to watch:
Nigel also enjoyed a 20-year stint on BBC Radio Bristol, holding a regular spot on Trevor Fry’s Sunday morning show where he shared his gardening wisdom with listeners.
- 1 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 2 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 3 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront
- 4 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 5 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 6 Camera club wants new members to join
- 7 New officer verification process introduced by police
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 10 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea