Mezze plans for village pub
- Credit: Archant
A FAMILY-RUN restaurant chain is refurbishing a village pub ready to reopen it later this month.
Mezze Restaurants has taken over The Anchor at Ham Green, where it has signed a 20-year lease and is in the process of carrying out a major £350,000 refurbishment.
The revamp will create a modern venue boasting a cocktail bar, Mezze restaurant, an A La Carte restaurant and outdoor Mediterranean garden.
Mezze owner Alex Tryfonos was keen to revive the pub and reinstate its position as the hub of the community, particularly as he lives only one mile away.
He said: “We are thrilled to be reviving another community pub and injecting a new lease of life into The Anchor, especially as it is one of my locals.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope that the community will get behind us and offer their support to this exciting new venture.”
Mezze is fast-growing business and The Anchor will be its fifth restaurant in five years in the South West, closely following by The White Lion in Portishead.
- 1 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 2 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 3 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 6 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 7 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 8 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 9 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 10 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
Mezze at the Anchor Arms opens to the public on May 1.