Mezze plans for village pub
- Credit: Archant
A FAMILY-RUN restaurant chain is refurbishing a village pub ready to reopen it later this month.
Mezze Restaurants has taken over The Anchor at Ham Green, where it has signed a 20-year lease and is in the process of carrying out a major £350,000 refurbishment.
The revamp will create a modern venue boasting a cocktail bar, Mezze restaurant, an A La Carte restaurant and outdoor Mediterranean garden.
Mezze owner Alex Tryfonos was keen to revive the pub and reinstate its position as the hub of the community, particularly as he lives only one mile away.
He said: “We are thrilled to be reviving another community pub and injecting a new lease of life into The Anchor, especially as it is one of my locals.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope that the community will get behind us and offer their support to this exciting new venture.”
Mezze is fast-growing business and The Anchor will be its fifth restaurant in five years in the South West, closely following by The White Lion in Portishead.
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 3 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 4 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 5 Town council appeals for grit bin monitors in Portishead
- 6 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 7 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
- 8 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 9 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 10 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
Mezze at the Anchor Arms opens to the public on May 1.