Mercedes-Benz donation for life-saving team
- Credit: Archant
A medical emergency team in Yatton has thanked staff from Mercedes-Benz after receiving a new response car.
Mercedes-Benz in Weston donated a new A-Class car to the five-man Yeo Vale Responders team, who provide a first line of care to patients living in and around Yatton and Congresbury.
Team member Mike Petersen said: “Up until now we have previously had to use our own cars to respond to calls, so we are truly overwhelmed by the generosity of Mercedes-Benz of Weston in supplying us with the A-Class.
“As well as enabling us to respond more effectively to emergency calls, where a minute can sometimes mean a very different outcome, the car will assist with our provision of free basic life support training in the community.
“It will also significantly help to raise our profile and increase awareness of our work, by acting as a focal point at the various community events we attend.”
You may also want to watch:
The team travels to potentially life-threatening incidents which have happened within six minutes, or three miles, of their location.
Mercedes-Benz’s generosity will help to keep the team on the road in future and may be the difference between life and death.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 6 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 7 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 8 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 PICTURES: Hot air balloons take flight over Bristol at Fiesta Fortnight launch
Jon Ray, Mercedes-Benz’s head of business in Weston, said: “When we were approached by the Yeo Vale Responders and were told about their vital work, we were only too happy to help.
“We already support our local RNLI station so we are delighted to be able to support another fantastic cause which plays a key role in the community.”