Mercedes-Benz donation for life-saving team
- Credit: Archant
A medical emergency team in Yatton has thanked staff from Mercedes-Benz after receiving a new response car.
Mercedes-Benz in Weston donated a new A-Class car to the five-man Yeo Vale Responders team, who provide a first line of care to patients living in and around Yatton and Congresbury.
Team member Mike Petersen said: “Up until now we have previously had to use our own cars to respond to calls, so we are truly overwhelmed by the generosity of Mercedes-Benz of Weston in supplying us with the A-Class.
“As well as enabling us to respond more effectively to emergency calls, where a minute can sometimes mean a very different outcome, the car will assist with our provision of free basic life support training in the community.
“It will also significantly help to raise our profile and increase awareness of our work, by acting as a focal point at the various community events we attend.”
You may also want to watch:
The team travels to potentially life-threatening incidents which have happened within six minutes, or three miles, of their location.
Mercedes-Benz’s generosity will help to keep the team on the road in future and may be the difference between life and death.
- 1 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 2 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 3 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?
- 5 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list
- 6 Lions fund noticeboard for Backwell viewpoint
- 7 Clevedon AC members enjoy Glastonbury 10k outing
- 8 Call for community to support 'vital' children's hospice
- 9 Mixed fortunes for Clevedon LTC teams on league return
- 10 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected
Jon Ray, Mercedes-Benz’s head of business in Weston, said: “When we were approached by the Yeo Vale Responders and were told about their vital work, we were only too happy to help.
“We already support our local RNLI station so we are delighted to be able to support another fantastic cause which plays a key role in the community.”