Medical company offers CPR training
A CLEVEDON medical company is funding a series of free training courses to teach people first aid for use in an emergency.
Southwest Medical Services is run by paramedic, Chris Parsons, who has worked for the ambulance service for almost 10 years and set up his business in 2007.
He has decided to offer its Basic Life Support (BLS) course for free after seeing first-hand what a difference a knowledge of basic first aid can make in emergency situations.
The 31-year-old of Moor Park said: “On arrival at emergencies I am shocked to see how many people are standing around doing nothing when there are basic techniques they could be employing that could save a patient’s life.
“Very few people seem to know basic CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation), and this is very worrying.”
You may also want to watch:
Southwest Medical Services is funding 300 course places across North Somerset and Bristol for free on a first-come-first-served basis.
In North Somerset, the three-hour BLS course will be held at Nailsea Baptist Church in Silver Street on February 28 and March 27 at 9am, 1pm and 6pm.
- 1 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 Seek appointment with GP for persistent stomach troubles, urges NHS and Public Health England campaign
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 7 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 8 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 9 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
Anyone interested in taking part should apply for a place by visiting http://freecpr.co.uk
Anyone interested in sponsoring the free CPR initiative to allow it to continue can call Chris on 01275 541124 or email firstname.lastname@example.org