McDonald’s in Portishead reopens after makeover
- Credit: Archant
Portishead’s McDonald’s restaurant has reopened after undergoing a transformation.
The fast food eatery in Wyndham Way has put the emphasis on digital innovation and by creating interactive kiosks, customers can now order food to be delivered to them, rather thank queueing up to be served.
The initiative was trialled at 14 UK chains last year.
Other changes which have been carried out include a ‘striking new decor’ and tablets being installed at some tables so diners can do everything from check emails to play games. The kitchen area has been revamped too.
McDonald’s franchisee Tim Lamb, who runs five restaurants across Somerset, including Portishead’s, said: “We’re thrilled with the transformation because we’re committed to offering our customers’ more choice and fast service.
You may also want to watch:
“Technology has a huge role to play in all walks of life, including our customers’ eating out experience, so the new technology we’ve introduced recognises the way people live their lives today.
“The new table service enables customers to order at the self-order kiosk and then sit down at a designated zone to get served – all in all, making the experience even easier.
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 3 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 4 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 5 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 6 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 7 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 8 Christmas lights lift spirits in Portishead
- 9 Clevedon postie brightens community and raises cash for children's charity
- 10 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
“From mums coming in with their kids, to people having a working lunch, I expect the feedback to be positive and I am proud to continue improving the restaurant experience for my customers.”
McDonald’s says it is considering other changes for the future, including customised classic burgers and allowing people to order and pay for food on their mobile phone.