McDonald’s donates cash for Portishead footballers
- Credit: Archant
Young football players in Portishead have received new kit thanks to a donation by McDonald’s.
Girls who represent Portishead Town Juniors under-11s have a new white strip following the cash boost.
McDonald’s franchisee Tim Lamb said: “Portishead Town Juniors are a fantastic example of a grassroots club with a real community spirit.
“It’s important we support local teams to help them create the best possible experience for young aspiring players.
“It’s great to see the McDonald’s Accredited Kit Scheme is thriving again this year, as it’s a fantastic reward for grassroots clubs up and down the country – I wish the team all the best this season.”
You may also want to watch:
Coach Andy Carling said: “We’re very grateful for the continued support of Tim Lamb and the McDonald’s team.
“The kits are a big hit with our young players; the quality is excellent and playing in the same strip goes a long way in helping the girls feel like a team.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 7 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 8 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 9 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 10 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging