McDonald’s donates cash for Portishead footballers
- Credit: Archant
Young football players in Portishead have received new kit thanks to a donation by McDonald’s.
Girls who represent Portishead Town Juniors under-11s have a new white strip following the cash boost.
McDonald’s franchisee Tim Lamb said: “Portishead Town Juniors are a fantastic example of a grassroots club with a real community spirit.
“It’s important we support local teams to help them create the best possible experience for young aspiring players.
“It’s great to see the McDonald’s Accredited Kit Scheme is thriving again this year, as it’s a fantastic reward for grassroots clubs up and down the country – I wish the team all the best this season.”
Coach Andy Carling said: “We’re very grateful for the continued support of Tim Lamb and the McDonald’s team.
“The kits are a big hit with our young players; the quality is excellent and playing in the same strip goes a long way in helping the girls feel like a team.”
- 1 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 5 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 6 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin
- 7 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 8 Tributes paid to much-loved former councillor Derrick Lovering
- 9 Charity wants local views on renewables in Congresbury and Puxton
- 10 Village to host first ever season of live events